Tuesday, December 9, 2025

Blogmas -- Day 9

Hello Friends and welcome to Blogmas -- Day 9.  I am so blessed that you stopped by!  

You know, it really doesn't have to be expensive to have a pretty home at Christmas...or any other time of year, for that matter.  Over the years, I have made ornaments, garlands, banners, bowl fillers, and so many more Christmas decorations.  It doesn't cost a lot and it satisfies that creative soul that I've been hiding all year.  

The last few years, I've gone to nature for decorations.  Pine cones, Pine boughs, cranberries and popcorn.  I had some woodland creature ornaments in storage and the Grands and I made cinnamon dough ornaments.  Those are my favorite decorations...the ones that God provides and my Grandblessings make!

This year, I decided to switch things up. I wanted a slimmed down version of a Victorian Christmas, like you would find in "Little Women" or "Anne of Green Gables" and the only way I could ever afford something like that is by making decorations myself or finding the rare vintage ornament in a thrift store.  In those times, decorations were handmade.  Each one, lovingly crafted by hard working hands.  They were special!

So far, I have made a few stars, cone shaped candy holders, and a
paper ring garland. I will make more over the next few days. I am almost finished with a paper bunting to hang with the ring garland.

All you need to make your home pretty this time of year is a few supplies.  Some pretty paper, gluesticks, yarn or ribbon and maybe glitter is you like.  I know most of us made these types of decoration in elementary school so you know how easy it is.  

Your decorations can be as simple or as fancy as you like but I prefer the simple.  I am always drawn to pictures of homes with handmade or nature inspired decorations.  I like to see the creativity and love that goes into them.  I grew up in a time where money wasn't always plentiful and we made do with what we had on hand.  Some of the best Christmas' we had were those in the lean years.  

It really doesn't take much to have a beautiful holiday home.  Look around and see what you can use to make some decorations.  Even plain ole printer paper looks lovely folded into a star!  Be frugal, be simple, and relax!  Don't put so much pressure on yourself to have the perfectly decorated home!  After all...come January, it is all going to go back in storage!  Forget the Frou-Frou and remember the reason for the season!  Jesus doesn't care what your house looks like! 

Thanks for much for stopping by!  I love that you chose to be here!  Please leave a comment so I know you visited!

Grace & Peace,
Pam
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!