Saturday, December 20, 2025

BLOGMAS -- DAY 20

Welcome friends!  Thank you for visiting today!  It is Blogmas -- Day 20!  Only five more days!  I must say, I am proud of myself for making it this far!

If you don't mind, please leave a comment below so I know you were here.  I will use comments to determine if there will be a Blogmas 2026!  Thank you!  

What does your Christmas look to be, this year?  Ours will be quite different than others.  For the past thirty years, I have tried my best to give my Mister the wonderful family holidays that he really didn't have growing up.  I was blessed with a family that loved to go to either my Grandmother's house or my parent's home.  We were usually all together if possible.  I wanted him to feel the love that those times brought.  But for the past sixteen years it has become a stuggle to get our kids together at the same time.  I mean...in-laws come first, right?  Sorry.  That was not nice but that's the way it is.  We always end up having to change our plans to accomodate their plans.  Either change the day completely or our kids and Grands come just long enough to eat and open gifts and then off they go.  I am usually worn out from cooking, cleaning, shopping and just life in general.  And then there is that one person who is always disagreeable.  I won't name names but...!  Just not a fun time.  Oh I put on the happy face and act like it's all good...of course, I do.  

Gee, I really didn't intend for this post to go  down that path but it has.  It is a bummer but this year, we decided to let them do whatever it is they do, go wherever they go and be happy about it.  Well, maybe not happy but a lot less stressed.  I told my husband that I am tired of trying,  I'm tired of doing all that work for an hour visit and my body just won't deal with it all, anymore.  He agreed.

So, this year we will do our own thing.  Stay home and make dinner for just the two of us, watch football, take naps or maybe a drive and enjoy the quiet.  If they want to stop by then that is fine but I will not be stressed and I won't wait around to see if they show up.  Anyway...I promise, I am not really complaining.  And I'm not angry.  I am just at the point of being done.  And I'm ok with that...and so is my Mister.  Sometimes you just have to say, "Enough!" and let it be enough.

Anyhow back to the original idea...LoL, ya'll know I can't stay on topic!  I had intended to talk about our holiday menu and I will but chances are that I will go off the trail again.

Our table settings won't be fancy.  We will use our every day dishes or paper plates.  Probably some leftover paper napkins from something in the past.  Our dinner menu will be very simple.  I have a pork tenderloin in the freezer that I may put in the crockpot along with potatoes, carrots and onions.  Make some yeast rolls and I might get a pecan pie but probably not.  We really don't eat a lot of sweets and I would end up throwing it away.  Iced tea, water and coffee to round it out.

That sounds good but my Mister may want something to graze on all day.  His usual request is little smokies wrapped in bacon, queso and salsa with fritos and maybe a good sandwich...mainly finger foods.  That's ok, too!  Make it healthy by adding lettuce and tomato to the sandwich!  LoL. Sounds good to me!

Of course, our furkids will sit under the table waiting for something to be dropped and I will probably sneak them a bite...because well...they're cute!

I may take the tree down and put everything back in storage unless my Mister wants to leave it up a bit longer.  I usually take it down so it can be put back in storage before he has to go back to work but we'll see.

Oh, please don't pity us.  While we are a bit sad that things won't be the same, we are ok.  Really ok! We are learning how to do for us after always making concessions for others.  It feels pretty good.

How will you spend Christmas this year?

Thanks for sticking with me through this post that went awry.  I have learned to just go with it when that happens.

Please leave a comment below!

Grace & Peace,

Pam



1 comment:

  1. It has always been us 3 and then when our son passed away, it became 2 and it's always been that way...oh, we have friends over or go over there, but honestly, that is just fine with me. I have no issue with staying home and just enjoying us, does it get lonely? (is that correct word?)--sometimes. But.its.ok. Wishing you a lovely Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!