Wednesday, December 3, 2025

Blogmas - Day 3


Hello Friends and welcome to Blogmas - day three! I am so glad you are here!

I have so many books in my home and there is no shortage of Christmas books so I picked out a stack that I want to read this holiday season. Maybe you will find a title, to read, in this small stack.
Sorry about the blur but hopefully you can read most of the titles

I don't know if I will get to all of these, because I am getting a late start. I started a book this past Saturday and I have to return it to the library soon, so I need to finish that first but I'm sure going to give it a good go! Of course, there may be some of these books that will end up being boring or a very slow read and those will be put into the "free books" box at the library. That's probably where most of these came from to begin with!

I know I will definitely read these three books...or should I say re-read because I read two of these books every year. "Shepherds Abiding" is part of the Mitford Series by Jan Karon. I know I am not the only one who reads this charming series and I'm sure there are some who have read "Shepherds Abiding" more than once. No matter how many times I read it, I fall in love with the townsfolk of Mitford all over again!

The second one I know I will read is "The Christmas Mouse". It is book #10 in the Fairacre Series.
"The Christmas Mouse" title has both a literal and figurative meaning. As two types of unexpected, uninvited visitors arrive in the Berry household one Christmas Eve -- one visitor a tiny critter with a long tail, the other a young boy up to no good."
This book is a short, sweet, gentle and heartwarming read. Some have found it a bit boring but I find it just what I need when I am looking for a bit of wisdom from the 1900's.

My third pick for the season is an advent devotional by Max Lucado. "In The Manger" is a new read for me. I heard about it at the end of last Christmas but I went ahead and bought it because of two short paragraphs smack dab in the middle of the book.
"The night was ordinary no more. The announcement went first to the shepherds. They didn't ask God is he was sure he knew what he was doing. Had the angels gone to the theologians, they would have consulted their commentaries. Had he gone to the elite, they would have looked around to see if anyone was watching. Had he gone to the successful, they would have first looked to their calendars.
So the angels went to the shepherds. Men who didn't have a reputation to protect or an ax to grind or a ladder to climb. Men who didn't know enough to tell God that angels don't sing to sheep and that messiahs aren't found in a feed trough." 
I don't know why but those words struck me hard. I wondered what I would have done if I had been one of those common shepherds. I would like to think I would have done as they did but I fear I might have checked my calendar, the clock or my bank account to see if I had time and money to seek out the Messiah that was laid in a manger.

So those are the books I know I will read. I hope I have time to read a couple of the others. I especially want to read these.

I won't go into detail with these books but I will put links, down below, of all the books in my stack. How about you? What is on your reading list this season? Do you have a favorite Christmas book?

I hope I haven't bored you to death with this post. I do love books and I can drag out a post if I have a mind to! I hope I didn't scare you away! LoL

Grace & Peace,

Pam

1 comment:

  1. Hey Pam. Well, I am not a big reader and none of the books look familiar except Jan Karon's, Shepherds Abiding. I read it last December. My sister has all The Mitford Series books and has read them over and over. She can't pass up buying any that she finds in thrift stores, so I have most of the series too. I've managed to read "At Home in Mitford" and "Shepherds Abiding". You do absolutely fall in love with the characters. I would like to move to Mitford. :) I enjoy reading but find it so hard to sit still long enough. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!