Hello Friends! Welcome to Blogmas -- Day 10! I am so thankful you decided to stop by!
I, like many, love journaling. To have some place to write down my thoughts, prayers, frustrations, joys or just my daily to do lists, is like having a best friend to talk to. For those of us who don't have friends...I'm not the only one...it can help keep our mental health in order.
Your journal can be as fancy or as plain as you want. It can be a place where you express yourself creatively or simply someplace you jot down thoughts that pop in your head. Anything you want.
I especially love keeping a journal of my every day life. It's not special and really it's kind of boring but when I look back at the end of the year, I see just how blessed I was through the boring, mundane stuff. Most of the time, the pages are just a bunch of to do's or scriptures or what I am wearing, thinking...blah, blah! Very plain...just words.
At the end of every month, I do a special page to welcome the new month. I thought I would show you how I did my December welcome. Then, at the bottom of the post, I will leave a list of journal prompts to help you get started on a journal of your own. It's fun to answer one question every day. No stress to be perfect, either!
For my monthly welcome page, I gather a bunch of stuff - glue sticks, washi tape, scrap paper, cupcake papers...basically whatever I have handy. I find pictures on the internet to print out. Sometimes I do this on my home printer but if I want the prints to be a bit better, I will go to Fedex and have them print them. That's only occasionally because it can get pricey!I might embellish the pictures with glitter or ribbon. Here I've made a ribbon tab for the card because I wanted to be able to easily pull the card out of a little pocket.The pocket was made from a Fedex bag that my prints were in. A little lace and maybe a sticker is all you need to dress it up. I wrote a little note to myself on the back. To me the little touches are what makes anything better! Next, I start layering and moving the items around until I get a layout that I like.Soon enough, I have a beautiful page signaling the change of months. This one is a whole lot fancier than my normal welcome pages but it's Christmas so it needed to be special!The pages that follow are usually nothing more than words on the page. Occasionally, I will use a sticker or some washi tape to pretty it up a bit.
Journals are a good way to spend a long winter's day. Who knows, it might make the whole winter a bit less cold.
These are the journaling prompts I am using. You can start anytime! Why not start a 12 Days of Christmas journal. You can pick 12 of these prompts and start on December 14th!




My best friend died 2 years ago now... no more besties for me.
ReplyDeleteI tried journaling but didn't keep it going.
Love Your journal!!
hugs
Donna
I will journal for awhile and then I let it go. My sweet friend gave me a lovely journal for my birthday this year. Thank you for the inspiration to help getting me going again.
ReplyDeleteCathy