How in the world are we already in the month of August!? I tell you what, it blows my simple little mind how fast the years go by. It doesn't help that this is my birthday month! 63 turns around the world in 10 days. That is mind-blowing in itself! Some days I feel it - other days I am sure I just turned 30 years old. Ha!
My Mister went to visit the Grandblessings for the weekend and I have taken advantage of it! You know how it is. You can't clean good when anyone else, but you, is in the house. Maybe that's just me but I think it also has a lot to do with not having to be on a schedule to get the things done and have supper ready when he gets home. After he is home, nothing gets done so many things get pushed to the side or I do just enough to keep it all somewhat tidy. Anyhow, I took advantage of the long day.

I've been wanting to put up this knick-knack shelf for quite some time but I just never did. For one thing, it is hard to find a stud in the proper place in this old house and I simply can't abide by off-centered wall decor. I had those figurines on my bookshelf but the kitten, someone blessed us with, kept climbing on it and I was afraid she would knock them off. Yeah...yeah...I know! I am not a cat person and only want them if they are outside in the barn doing their job BUT that little thing was so tiny there is no way we could put her out there by herself. Turns out she likes my husband better than me...I'm sure she thinks I'm the meanest human ever because of the spray bottle but she has to learn not to get on my table and cabinets or she will find herself outside. Anyways, after last winter and the problem we had with mice, I'm willing to give her a chance.

It's August and you know what that means. Time to start on the Grands quilts for Christmas. I have three to make this year with the baby on the way. Seems so strange to be talking about Christmas gifts and new babies.
It has been so nice today. A cool front came in last night and the north wind made it tolerable to sit out on the porch, this morning. I haven't had many opportunities for that this year. What with the monsoon season, we had from April through June, and the extreme heat and humidity since then, I am a sissy! There I said it! I'll own it. I run out to take care of the animals twice a day and hardly stick my head out the rest of the time. I thoroughly enjoyed my coffee out there this morning. It will be very short lived though. Triple digits and high humidity will return Monday.
Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed this little post. Please come back soon!
I can't believe its August either. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday.
ReplyDelete