Monday, August 3, 2026

Not changing with the seasons anymore

Usually by this time I am dragging out Autumn decorations because my birthday in mid-August always says "it's almost Fall" to me.  I usually spend days cleaning and fluffing all the pretty colors.  I've always enjoyed changing out decor with the seasons but I've reached the age that I'm good with leaving things as they are.  Now I know there will probably be the obligatory vase of sunflowers, maybe a pumpkin or two, but nothing like I normally do.  I just don't see the point since I'm the only one that will see it...all that unpacking and repacking wears me out, too.  Mister wouldn't notice it at all.  I mean...he's a man!  Ha!  This year, I am simply going to add to what I already have going on.  

My living room will continue to be cozy and full of books, knick-knacks, baskets...Granny-fied, if you will.  I think they call it Granny-core these days.  Naturally, I will rearrange furniture and move this or that to another room.  That's just how I roll.

I had a little help from Ai with this picture but it is mostly my livingroom.  I wish I had that wallpaper but my walls are plain white *sad face*, and I don't have a rug because...well, dog hair!  My Mister would absolutely divorce me if I said we were hanging wallpaper!  HeHe!  I already have a list of too much stuff for us to do.  Maybe one day but in the meantime I'll imagine it just like this but if it never happen, it's good enough.  

As I've aged, I don't have the desire to follow all the wonderful content creators who change their decor all the time.  To spend tons of money and time to get that magazine cover look.  Oh, I've been that person but, at some point, I decided I am thankful for and happy with just living a cozy, unpretentious life.  Just my Mister, my furbabies and me.  Besides, I bet if you could get a look at the things they don't video or take pictures of, it doesn't look any better than yours and mine.  

So, I will not be OVER-decorating for Autumn and will only do enough for Christmas to make my Mister and the grands happy.  Other than that, not much will change.  Of course, I always look forward to finding a trinket or making something to put amongst the things I already have and I love dreaming of old fashioned wallpaper and "granny" stuff.  But if I never find another thing or get that wallpaper my home is safe, cozy and perfect just the way it is...and I thank God for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!