Thursday, July 23, 2026

Hot and SURPRISE!


My word!  I don't know how people wore all those clothes during the heat of summer!  I'd probably be doing more than hiking up my skirt tail!  Has it been hot where you are?  It has been brutal here.  We were 107* with 90% humidity and no wind, the other day.  We've been blessed with a bit of a reprieve, at 97* with 90% humidity, today, but the heat is building back in.  The weekend and all next week will be in the triple digits with high humidity.  Such is life in Oklahoma.

Anyone reading any good summer books?  Nothing heavy just good, clean, light-hearted reads?  I haven't read anything since "Theo of Golden", during the winter months, which was a great book but it was heavy...lots to ponder in that one.  I want something short, sweet and funny.  Any ideas?

My sweet granddaughter will be here for the weekend.  That means lots of antiquing and thrifting!  She definitely got my love for those things.  Y'all!  Did I tell you she is now 16 and a licensed driver?  I know some of you remember her from the small years.  Can you believe it?  I'm shaking my head for sure.  

Mentioning my granddaughter...her and my precious 10 year old grandson will soon have a baby brother.  I may or may not have told y'all this already!  Complete surprise but God knew!  Neither of those kiddos will admit to being excited about it but they are!  One is always wanting to buy stuff for the baby and the other wants to see all the updates from the doctor!  LoL.   All I care about is my daughter's health(she's 36 and high risk) and the health of the baby.  That's it!  

Well, I guess that is all.  I just wanted to come in and post something since it has been awhile...AGAIN!  I get to pottering around and time passes before I know it!  

Thanks for stopping in and tell me about the books you are reading or want to read!

1 comment:

  1. Oklahoma weather is just like Florida's--only we have the humidity, ugh...just miserable. I have two books to read, and I have not touched them...one is a Debbie Macomber. Wishing you a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!