It’s hard to believe it is already late August but the ever changing calendar, and the crickets chirping day and night, assures us it is indeed.
We were blessed with a short reprieve from the brutal heat so I took full advantage and spent most of my day sitting on the back porch. That hasn’t been possible for months because of the strange weather we have had all this year. First, it seemed as if it would rain forever then I woke up, one morning, and it was suddenly and without warning, one of the hottest months on record. And it hasn’t let up until today. It will be very short lived and will be extremely hot again all next week.
But for a little while, I enjoyed sitting on the porch with a cup of tea and a book. In an instant, I was transported to a place that not many know of. A place of quiet, peace, and restfulness. A place filled with love and the scent of cinnamon and flowers. A place where one feels cozy and safe. For just a moment, I sat on the porch of a small, old cottage with my faithful, furry friend right beside me. Neither one of us had a care in the world. For a bit, I was home. At my little fairytale home of Bramblewood.
Do you daydream? Where do you go when you allow yourself to dream?

No reprieve from the weather here, sigh. I dream I am at the beach, all the time. Sometimes when I am looking at You Tube videos, sometimes the Cotswold's or Ireland or Scotland. Shrugging. One can dream, right?
ReplyDeleteYour Bramblewood looks nothing less than enchanting! I used to enjoy daydreaming, but I'm not sure what happened. Perhaps that's something I should work to resurrect.
ReplyDeleteOh Pam. That little cottage! I could move in today. If only we could make a place that looks like that. I guess I don't daydream. If I ever get still enough to daydream, I go to sleep. :)
ReplyDelete