Monday, April 20, 2026

It's been...

 ...quite the month.  

Hello friends!  I'm so glad you stopped by.  I know it's been awhile since I posted and I have no good reason why although it has been busy, among other things.  

We started the month by beginning the building of the new dog house and pen.  If you remember, their old one caught fire and burned down completely.  We had been planning on moving their pen anyway but would rather have done it without the fire and the melted siding on our home.  In any case, they have a new and bigger pen, as well as, house.  That took most of my husband's time between storms.

We do live in Oklahoma and Spring wouldn't be Spring without tornado and severe storm warnings pretty much every day.  Most days we ended up not getting even much rain but with the potential for tornadoes and storms you sure don't want to be caught outside.  Plus he had to go to work so the process was slow going but it is done and now on to replacing the siding.  If it's not one thing it's another.

Of course, Easter happened.  I don't really celebrate Easter myself.  I try to observe Passover as much as I can.  My family, however, does celebrate Easter and I do always love dressing up.  Many of you know that my granddaughter and I have a tradition of dressing up to the nines for the occasion.  Hats, new dresses, new shoes and purses.  If I could find pretty gloves we would wear those too. 

These were our outfits this year.  She has grown up so much since we started doing this.  She turned 16 years old this past Saturday and we've dressed in this way since she was a baby.  She loves it as much as I do.  I hope she never decides she doesn't want to do it.  I would love to see her carry on the tradition with her own kids and grandbabies!

Of course, I have to get a picture with one of the most important guys in my life!  I tell you, though, it is a chore to get a picture with him.  He is a goofball and hates the sun in his eyes.  Even in the shade, he complains about the sun...Which is his way of saying, "I don't like having my picture taken", I suppose, because he plays baseball out in the direct sun.  Hmmm...  Anyways, this is as good as it gets.  I'm just tickled that he wasn't making a worse face than that!  Funny thing is, my son - his uncle, is the same way.  Silly boys!

Mentioning boys...

I am going to be a Grandma again!  Those two almost grown and half grown grandblessings of mine are going to be very busy teaching their new little brother all about life.   

It was quite the surprise!  I'm not sure my 36 year old daughter and almost 40 year old son-in-law are prepared to begin raising a baby, again,  but they will do fine.  Just when they could see the light at the end of the tunnel!  HeHeHe... 

I am so thankful you have stuck around while I was gone.  

Shalom







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!