Saturday, May 2, 2026

Just stop...be done.

I have had to "Just be done".  Not that I wanted to but for my own peace and for the sake of what years I have left on this earth, I've had to.  For years, 18 years to be exact, I have been second best for my daughter.  Well maybe I'm rated that high but I doubt it.  And my son, just lets time get away from him (so he says).

Anyhow, I've had to let it go.  I can't continue living my life hoping my kids will call, stop by or just want to hang out for awhile.  My heart can't take the disappointment any longer.  I am not writing this for pity because I know there are lots of Mama's who are in the same boat.  I am here to tell you all... Just stop.  

Last week, while I was wallowing in my self-pity, I came across a video on Youtube.  I'm sure it is Ai generated but it spoke volumes.  If you are in the same place, I've found myself in, again and again, over the years, I hope you will watch this video.


I don't have a next door neighbor named May and I don't have a church down the road that has Thursday lunch for their Seniors so that part doesn't really help me... BUT... I have stopped calling.  I have stopped asking my kids when they were coming by.  I have stopped expecting them to do anything.  I stopped...

Does this make me sad?  Absolutely!  I won't lie about that.  Am I still sitting here day in and day out with just my dogs, to keep me company, until my husband gets home from work.  Yep.  The difference is...they don't live in my head and my broken heart anymore.  Of course I still love them, pray for them, and want them to be blessed.  And sure, I will be right there if something happens.  But I no longer let the heartache steal my peace.  

Dear one, if this sounds like you, know that I see you...I hear you!  Please leave a comment so I can pray for you.  

Grace & Peace,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!