Hello friend!
I hope you had a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving! Our daughter, son in love and grandblessings, came for the day. Well, actually, the grands came on Monday and stayed until Thanksgiving. I am blessed simply by those precious few days. I don't get to see them often and was missing them.
The granddaughter and I went thrifting, did a few crafty things but mainly we talked and laughed. She is going on 16 and is such a sweetheart...but she's a bit fiesty, too! She makes me laugh so much!
PawPaw took our grandson on an overnight camping trip. He really enjoyed that. He's is growing up so fast. He will be 10 in just a couple of months. He needed some "guy time" with PawPaw. Apparently, he is a jim-dandy campfire starter. Oh and he discovered canned chicken noodle soup and it is his favorite thing now. I had no idea he had never had canned chicken noodle soup! LoL. He liked it so much that he asked for a whole flat of the stuff for Christmas...and some saltine crackers, to go with it! I know it isn't very healthy but you know what? He may not remember much about the camping trip, later in life, but I bet he remembers when and where he ate his first bowl of canned chicken noodle soup and who he was with! That's the important stuff, right there!
Our son and daughter in love weren't able to come for Thanksgiving because her son, who lives in Idaho, came in for the holiday and her side of the family got together so they could spend time with him. That is perfectly alright. There is no way I would insist they come to my house and miss out of that! I know how it is to miss your kids and grandbabies! Anyhow, my son came the next day and visited for awhile and that was nice.
I know many are already getting winter weather. Our weather has taken a turn and it is going to get extremely cold for a couple of days. Gosh, I just don't like winter but I do like bundling up with a nice blanket and a good book during the winter! How about you? How do you spend the cold days of winter?
'Tis the season for copious amounts of hot drinks!
Grace & Peace,
It's so nice to hear from you!!! Your Thanksgiving sounds nice, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to have your grands for most of the week! Sounds like you had a great time!
ReplyDelete