Sunday, March 8, 2026

Where did the time go?

I can't believe we are over a week into March and it's been well over a month since I last posted.  Time sure knows how to get away from us doesn't it?  I can't say exactly what I did in February but I was busy it seemed.  One weekend, I had my grandson.  He turned ten years old, if you can believe it, and he wanted to come for a visit.  Of course, that took all that time but I am happy to spend it with him.

Let's see...Oh, another couple and myself, are trying to get a nursing home ministry started at our church.  We went visiting there and had meetings with the Pastor about it.  We'll see where it goes.  You know how it is...everybody thinks it's a good idea to do things until it is time to actually do it.  It's the same in every church so I won't be surprised if it goes nowhere but God's will be done.

Hmmm...Oh!  We came home one Sunday to find a bunch of people walking around in our yard.  I figured the neighbor's horse got out again, until...my husband spotted smoke coming from the side of our house.  Seems our girls burned their house down.  

It had been cold and we had turned the heat lamp back on for them and either they knocked it down or it shorted out and caught their bedding on fire.  The doghouse was about 10 - 15 foot from the house and garage but it was hot enough to melt the siding on our home and burned one window frame on the garage.  

Fortunately, that wall is concrete so the siding was the only damage.  It will be easy to replace that and the window frame.  However...

This is all that is left of the girl's Taj Mahal doghouse.  Not to worry because they have another nice one inside the garage so they are safe, warm and dry.  They aren't happy that they don't have a place they can climb on and watch the world go by but they will be ok once we get their new house and pen finished.  

This could have been so much worse but I know God protected our babies and our property.  You know, I have prayed, the blood of Jesus, over our home, property and our animals for many years.  I can't count how many times the Lord has covered it all with His mighty hands.  

I am so thankful and humbled by His love and the love He has for all the things that are important to us.  Never doubt that.  I am so very grateful for good neighbors who are willing to jump in and take control of the situation and thank God that they were home and paying attention.  I can never repay God nor those neighbors.  I made cookies for the neighbors but that is not enough in my eyes.  

I hope you are all having a good March and are preparing for a beautiful Spring season.  

Shalom.


1 comment:

  1. Glad the fire was nothing more.
    Time with grands are the best.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!