Wednesday, January 21, 2026

Books, brushes and a bracelet

Hello Friends!  I'm glad you stopped by.

I think winter is finally coming to Oklahoma.  We've been so blessed with sunny, pleasant days but, right on time, it is supposed to get brutally cold with a ton of snow.  Now y'all all know I ain't no dadburn snowbunny!  LoL. The weather that is said to be coming is my nemesis, so to speak.  I hate everything about snow, ice and cold.  Sure it's pretty until the dogs go out and pee, trample all over the yard and then come in wet.  Oh and don't get me started on the ugly once it starts to melt and then refreezes...melts and refreezes.  Anyhow, I am very thankful to Adonai for a warm home, food, and an over abundance of hot tea!  I will, however, be glad when this system goes along it's merry little way.

Anticipating the weather, I went shopping on Amazon!  Why are you laughing?  Isn't that what you do?   Anyhow, I thought I would share the "necessities" that I got.  I will put the links for all the items down below in case you need to do your own "winter necessary" shopping.

I heard about this book from one of the Youtubers I watch.  When she described it, I knew I had to read it.  It has 387 pages so it isn't going to be one I fly through like normal, which is ok because I want to chew on it and really take it in.  Theo of Golden is a National Bestseller and when I tried to check it out at the library there were almost 200 holds pending(the reason I bought my own copy).

Inside front cover

Back cover

I also got another book that I want to savor through the seasons of the year.  I will probably read it all the way through to begin with but then I will take each seasonal section and really sink in, throughout the year.

The Country Commonplace Book is a beautiful book filled with poetry, quotes, a few recipes and other delightful things.  If you don't know what a commonplace book is here is a definition from Mrs. Blackwell's Village BookshopClick below for more info.


I can't wait to wrap up in a cozy blanket with a cup of hot tea and enjoy this one.  It's that kind of book...cozy.

I've been needing to replace my makeup brushes so I did. Those are necessities, right? I mean, when your makeup brushes start shedding all over your face, it's time.

I've never used this brand but they were raved about by another Youtuber and they were affordable.  We'll see.  If they last half as long as my old ones I'll be happy.  They are at least ten years old if not more.  Most are still in excellent shape, really, just one eyeshadow brush and the blush brush.  

Now this truly was a necessity...well...anything for my grandbabies quickly become necessities.  Anyhow, my grandson will turn ten years old in about three weeks!  I just can't believe it but it's true.  Makes me sad but I'm definitely glad he is!  He almost wasn't born at all because of pregnancy complications...But GOD!  I hope he likes it.  I also bought a t-shirt for him but it has to be returned because it is too small.  I forgot how big he is getting and ordered the wrong size.  

So sorry!  I know this ended up being a lot but that's how I roll!  I don't post for weeks and then I can't stop writing when I do!  

I am so grateful that you came and hung out for awhile and I hope to see you again soon.  Remember the links are below if you saw something you liked.

Shalom,

1 comment:

  1. Those books look interesting, I must be out of touch, as I had no idea about them, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day, smiles.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!