Hello Friends!
I hope you are enjoying the weekend. Tomorrow is my husband's birthday, which he won't be home for it because he is spending the weekend with our Grand Blessings! That's what we do. Instead of making a big "To Do" over our birthdays, we go see Grands! Anyhow... I decided, since he isn't going to be home, that I would go ahead and make his birthday breakfast today. We don't eat hotcakes or waffles very often and certainly don't go to the trouble of making them from scratch but I did this time. I made Banana Pancakes and they were so delicious! I thought maybe you would like them as well so I'm sharing the recipe. It really isn't that difficult and I dare say, after these, there will be no more pre-fabbed(that's what I call everything not made from scratch) hotcake mix!
******
Banana Hotcakes
Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder aluminum-free
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup mashed overripe banana (about 1 ½ large bananas)
1 large egg
¾ cup milk
Instructions
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In another, larger bowl, mash the banana with a fork until smooth. Add egg, mixing together until blended. No need for a mixer with this recipe.
Whisk in the milk until combined, then whisk in the dry ingredients. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray or use butter to grease the pan.
Using a ⅓-cup measuring cup, pour 3-4 circles of batter into the pan. Cook until the pancakes are puffed on top and golden brown on the bottom, 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until risen and cooked through, 1-2 minutes more. Makes 8 pancakes.
**Serve with banana slices, berries, chocolate chips or whatever you like. Top with maple syrup, honey or ever jelly or fruit preserves.
********
These were really good and will become a thing from now on. Birthday boy sure seemed to like them!
Grace & Peace,
Pam

I love this post and the look on your hubby's face. Special time spent together is precious and memories like these last forever. Enjoy each other for as long as you have. My sweet husband went home to be with our Savior. I miss him something awful but I have those sweet moments and special times together to cling too. God bless you both. Oh, and Happy Birthday to our husband.
ReplyDelete..
Happy birthday to your hubby and those pancakes look good, smiles. Have a beautiful day friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday blessings to your hubby! Spending time with loved ones is a great observance!
ReplyDelete