Hello Friends!
I'm so glad you are here. I've been taking short walks around our place and am happy to report that it looks like Spring starting to come out of it's shell! I snapped a few pics while walking my dogs. Nothing special but I am soooooo, so, so, so happy to see these little signs.
The Privet Hedge is showing it's little leaves. I can't wait for these beauties to bloom. They have the sweetest smell. I get the perfumed air blowing in my bedroom windows somewhere around June. Mmmm...
Oh, and just look at the Hawthorne Tree! This tree is such a "thorn in our sides"-pun intended. It has thorns 4' - 5' long and it gets us every single time we mow. I just know I'm going to look out the window, one day, and see my husband cutting it down! Even though it is awful to get stuck with those thorns, it is such a beautiful, blooming little tree! I will have to post more pictures once it fills out and blooms. The bees sure do love it and that's very important.
Aren't these the sweetest little leaves! They reminded me of a string of leafy pearls. Each little cluster is about the same distance from the other and just make me smile. This is a native shrub in Oklahoma. I occasionally has a bloom but more often than not, it doesn't. It's still a pretty bush when it fills out. It also gets tall. I almost looks the same as the Privet but it isn't. You can tell when you compare the leaves.

Look who decided to sit still for a minute! Ms. Mavi Louise! She is never not moving when we are outside. And she absolutely hates the camera but she was very interested in the treats I had in my pocket so she was on her best behavior. She trusts no one...Sometimes, she is even skiddish with me, but considering what she went through when she was a baby, I get that. She tolerates my grandblessings but she grumbles the whole time they are here. That is probably more a bit of jealousy than anything else. She does not want to share me. She is my constant companion...and I mean constant! LoL. I have no doubt she is trying to thank me for saving her life...But I will never be able to thank her enough for saving mine.
Oh have you seen a lovelier bud? It will be fully open by the weekend, I suspect. I always know when Spring is near. These never fail to tell me, "See there! Spring will come again. Just you wait!".
Some see weeds...I see something that is beautiful and full of life! Our little place is nothing but a big weed field and that is just fine with me. Oh to have a beautifully manicured lawn! Oh! But what would the bees, butterflies and hummingbirds eat? Oh, but look how pretty those lawns are with all the perfect flower beds and grass that is cut just so! Nah...I'll keep my weeds. You don't know what you are missing!
Sorry, if you were bored with this little post but it made me very happy! Why don't you go out and see what is coming to life right outside your door!
Grace & Peace,
Pam
Never bored with your posts, my friend. I see you, Mavi!!! (smiles)--wishing you a lovely day.
ReplyDeleteSo very nice to see spring springing! We still have snow on the ground.
ReplyDeleteCathy
Our furrbabies DO save our lives!!! Over and over again!
ReplyDeleteIt's busting out Spring!
hugs
Donna