Thursday, June 18, 2026

Late Hodgepodge

I'm getting this done late.  I know I've been missing from blogland for awhile.  It's just been a dark season for me and I'm trying to see the light...bear with me, please!

1. June 17th, 1994 was the day of the infamous O.J. Simpson car chase. What were you doing in 1994? I'm guessing somebody is going to tell me they weren't born yet but that's part of the fun of the Hodgepodge. Lots of generations are represented here.
Hmmm....1994..I was working my butt off trying to take care of my children.  Single motherhood is no joke, Y'all!  No, I didn't have time to watch anything much less something that was a big bunch of hype and nonsense because everybody knew how that was going to turn out.

2. What's your favorite summer salad that isn't the traditional tossed green lettuce kind of salad? Do you like fresh fruit in a salad (other than in a fruit salad of course)?
Spinach, berries, mandarin oranges, and red onions lightly tossed in a strawberry dressing.

3. Is chivalry dead? Should it be? 
Unfortunately, I do believe it is well on it's way to being dead.  Depending on the where you live and the age of a man, it is already dead.  The men in my family always hold doors for ladies and tip their hats.  They better!  I will accept nothing less.

4. Would you rather spend a week of your summer vacation in Hawaii or Alaska? Have you ever been to either? Are they two places you really would like to see? How do you feel about 'Hawaiian pizza' aka pineapple on a pizza? Have you ever eaten Baked Alaska?
I don't think I would like either one and no, I've never been to either.  I would love to see Provedence France and the tuscany region of Italy.  I would, also, love to go to Israel and Greece.

5. World Cup play is happening now...are you interested?  Watching any matches?  Did you or your children play soccer/futbol?  There are eleven US cities hosting matches-Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, New York with the stadium in NJ, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Seattle along with three cities in Mexico (Guadalajara, Mexico City and Monterrey)and two in Canada (Toronto and Vancouver)-You get free tickets to one of these matches. Which city do you choose? Tell us why. 

I'm not interested in soccer although they do where very colorful uniforms. We aren't a soccer family but my granddaughter did play for a very short time when she was 6-ish. She hated it. Give us an American football or softball game and we're all in. I could become interested in soccer if I got free tickets, though. I would choose either Guadalajara or Monterry Mexico

6. Insert your own random thought here.

She is strong but she's tired.

1 comment:

  1. I have been wondering what you have been up to my friend, smiles. Wishing you a lovely Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited that you stopped in! Hope to see you again soon!