Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Hello September! I've missed you.

Well, I can't really believe it is already September but boy how I've missed it!  September is one of my favorite months!  Our days are getting a bit shorter and I've noticed a few leaves starting to turn.  Our temperatures are cooling off and I am very grateful for that!  Soon, we will start sitting by the fire pit, roasting hotdogs and making smores.  I know my granddaughter will love that and I imagine our bonus babies will too.  Mentioning the bonus babies, they are adjusting to being in our home and have settled into a routine, quite well.  They are such good girls.  Rarely do I have to get on to them.  Two silly, giggly, girls!  The have been such a pleasure to have in our home.

I am just about as happy as tick on a fat dog!  I finally made a proper peach cobbler!  Not the one that is more of a cake type cobbler!  Nope!  I'm talking about an Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler with a buttery, flaky, crust!  My ex-Mother in Love made the best peach cobbler I have ever put in my mouth!  For years, I've tried, and failed, to achieve the excellence of her cobbler.  Finally, I found a book, at Dollar Tree, with a recipe that was pretty darn close.  I tweaked it just a bit and the result brought tears to my eyes.  I loved that woman very much and it thrills me to have this recipe turn out so much like hers.  I will be making it often!

I've added a few things to my Fall decorating.  Really not much because I have to watch setting out things, on tables and such, that will cause my sweet little grandson to try and get it.  He would climb the walls to get something off a table, if he wanted it bad enough, and I sure don't want him getting hurt.  Time will come that he won't be so curious and determined!  Until then, I will decorate here and there but not the likes of past years.  So far it is mainly wreaths and flowers but I did spruce up the Market sign I made a few years back.


I really think the little scarecrow needs to be moved over nest to the harvest sign.  What do you think?

Lately, I've wanted to start putting my recipes in scrapbooks.  I have several heirloom recipes that need to be protected and then there are some of my own recipes I would like to add.  I would like to have at least one scrapbook done so I can make copies and give one to each of my girls, for Christmas, as well as, put one in my granddaughter's hope chest.  I may not get them all done but I can put the copies in a pretty binder and add to them when I get the rest done.  Have you done anything like that?  I think it would be such a blessing to have my ancestor's favorite recipes all in one place.  I wish I had all those recipes!  Or maybe have a recipe exchange and gather my friends favorites in one book!  Oh what fun!  Would you be interested in exchanging written recipes?

Well...mentioning food...I should stir the pot before supper sticks to the bottom.  

Grace & Peace,
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Dear Pam ... Oh my, I love September so much. It was pleasant sleeping last night as we had the bedroom window open and it was oh so comfy. Today looks to be in the 70's. September Blessings ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete