Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring blooms make me happy

I ain't even going to lie.  My heart does happy little leaps when I look out my windows and see the fruit trees in bloom and and the big elms with tiny new leaves.  Love the beginning of Spring!

My sweet little dwarf lilac bush is getting ready to bloom.  It is just out my bedroom window.   I'll so enjoy the wonderful fragrance as I lay my head on the pillow.

And these pretty yellow blooms are nearly always the first thing to show up after winter.  I guess they are some form of Daffodil but I'm not sure.  They were here when we moved in eleven years ago.

My favorite early blooms are without a doubt the peach blossoms.  This little dwarf tree only makes about 6 - 8 peaches, every year, but they are so sweet and juicy.  Yummmmmm!

The ornamental Crabapple Tree was covered in blooms, last week!  I don't have a picture of the whole tree but let me tell you, the fragrance from this tree is dreamy!  The bees sure love it!  The winds picked up and have blown most of the blooms off the tree, now. 


I can't wait until the roses start blooming!  I think I'm going to plant a few more roses, lots of flowers for the birds and bees, and probably a couple more fruit trees.  Also I think I am going to try to have a small vegetable garden...we'll see how that goes.

Grace & Peace,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you are starting to enjoy warm spring weather. We are a bit behind you, but I know that it is coming. I have tomatoes and peppers started in the mudroom. I can't wait to get my hands dirty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mrs. G....so beautiful to see the lovely blooms. It is still cold here with snow still covering much of the garden :0/ mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam :)

    I've been saying that I want to put some fruit trees and a vegetable garden in my yard since I moved here and I really hope I get a start on it this year. You've really inspired me!

    I'm glad Spring has finally reached you :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, I so enjoyed viewing your beautiful signs of spring. I hope that you will enjoy making a vegetable garden. Fresh veggies are always so good. My husband does that sort of gardening...I'm the flower person. :) But I love to can and he loves to garden. Have a lovely remainder of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my first time to visit and I've enjoyed it so much!! Your blooms are a reminder that spring has finally sprung!! Hope you have a very blessed and happy day!

    ReplyDelete