Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall Decor, Dough, Cheesecloth, and This Old House...

You know, I really don't know why I keep this blog.  I never have anything to write about...or at least nothing that would be anything somebody would want to read about, anyway.  Sometimes, I think I will close it but then I think about all those people, who used to have wonderful blogs but have long since, disappeared from the blog o'sphere.  I always wonder what happened to them.  I miss those blogs.  I don't want anyone to think that I've just vanished, not that anyone would notice, so I keep on posting on occasion.  I always say I am going to do better at posting but we live such a calm, mundane life, so I really have little to share most days.  Anyhow, I am seriously going to make an effort to write more often.

So, have you started decorating for Christmas?  I know so many that have but I like to take it one holiday at a time so I can enjoy each one in it's own glory!  Besides, fall and Thanksgiving are my favorite times of the year!  This is in my kitchen. 
 

 I love everything about this vignette.  The sign, the little tree in a bushel basket, the flowers in an old bucket, the vine...just everything.  You can't really tell but there are crows on the tree.  I got them a couple of years ago from the dollar store and I've used them for everything!  The crow is a close second as my favorite bird.  The red bird is my favorite!

I will admit to being excited about decorating for Christmas, though.  I don't know why.  Usually I get anxious about everything not being in it's normal place.  I have to move furniture in order to put up the tree and everything kind of gets shifted around and that generally drives me insane.  I think some of my excitement has to do with the fact that we will only have a small four-foot tree this year, so I won't have to move around much.  See, with the grandson now crawling, climbing, and pulling himself up, we will put the small tree up on a table where he can't reach it.  Or at least I hope he can't get to it!  Never underestimate a 10 month old!


I've rediscovered salt dough ornaments!  I made these just to see if they were still fun!  Yes!  Yes, they are!  I will be making more dough so my granddaughter can make ornaments for her little tree and their large family tree.  I'm going to make more and maybe sell a few.  Who knows...somebody may actually like them as much as I do!  


So, how do you like my cheap curtains?  I think they look pretty good for a couple of $2.97 pieces of cheesecloth and some tea stain!  I'm thinking more of my windows need these!

Well, finally, we are having some fall temps.  Actually, for me, they border on being too much like winter temps.  We keep going back and forth, from fall to summer and back again.  Until it gets cooler and stays that way, I will be freezing to death every time the temps dip below 60*.  I'm not so sure it is me as much as it is this old house.  About half is concrete and concrete holds the temps, whether hot or cold.  That half is always cold even if the heater is running.  On the other hand it heats up too well when I have the oven on.  Ahhh...the charm of a 110 year old house.

Grace & Peace,
Pam


5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about blogging. I feel the same way. It's funny how I read your posts and think how good, and interesting, and down to earth you write. I relate to a lot of things you write about. I love your fall decorations and the market sign, and I love crows too. Hopefully, one day I will find a baby crow to raise. Wouldn't that be neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about your blog! That's how I want my blog to feel...down to earth, homey, warm, personal. I think it would be quite amusing to raise a baby crow!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  2. i agree with henny penny. i love reading simple blogs. your photos this month even more tell me we would be friends because you decorate the way i enjoy. i hear ya about christmas decor -- i am tempted to start (new house fus this year) but i just can't make me do it! enjoy your fall time...soon it will be cold....although in southern cali it doesn't get wintery at all.

    terre @ zoomama speaks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Terre, I am so glad you stopped by! I can relate to your non-winter, just a little. I am originally from Texas and winter wasn't anything like we have here in NE Oklahoma!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  3. Well my dear Pam, I will surely miss you if you stop blogging dear lady :0) since I live in a very rural area of PA, your way of sharing and your photos feel just like home to me. So continue to be real sweet lady! :D mari

    ReplyDelete