Wednesday, October 12, 2016


I love having a candle burning on a cool Fall day.  I don't know why but it just makes me smile.  I burn them other times but on a cool Fall day, there is something that says "Home", to me.  So anyways...
How the heck are you???  

Our weather is typical for Oklahoma, this time of year.  One day you will need a jacket and the next day, you will be wishing that nudity was in style!  I'm not kidding!  Yesterday, I thought I was going to die from the heat and today, a cold front came in and I'm reaching for the jacket and long pants!  Ugh!  It's supposed to be even worse next week.  By Sunday, we will be near 90*, again!  That poor A/C isn't done, for the year, just yet!

I finished the afghan for my granddaughter.  I hope she will like it come Christmas!  I also finished a scarf for my son-in-law, and started a blanket for the grandson.  I need to get working on some things for my husband before it get real cold.  He works outside for the most part and will need all sorts of hats, scarves, and the like.  I haven't made one thing for myself but that's ok.  I made enough scarves, cowls, arm warmers, ear warmers, and hats, last year.  I didn't even get to wear most of them because the winter was so warm.  

Can you even believe it is the middle of October, already???!!!  Where the heck did this year go?  I don't think I will ever get used to time going by so fast.  Every new month, I am surprised that it is actually that month!  *Shaking my head*  Times just flies, doesn't it?


With the cooler temps, this morning, I decided to do some baking.  I mixed up a batch of zucchini, raisin, walnut bread, to put in the freezer for the winter months when there isn't any zucchini available.  This was the first pan.


For the second pan, I decided to add a bit of cocoa powder.  This is the first time I've done that and I can't think of any reason why I never did it before.  It's just enough chocolate flavor to satisfy my craving.  I have a couple of more batches to make and then it's on to pumpkin bread.

I bet you are wondering why I used bundt pans to make bread.  Well, funny story...not really funny, but you know.  I got the batter all mixed up and went to pull out the loaf pans but couldn't find them.  I dug in every cabinet, in the food pantry, in the laundry room cabinet where I keep extra stuff, even in my storage trailer, but couldn't find them in either place.  So, what does one do?  You use something else!  Got the batter in the bundt pans, put them in the oven, and turned around and saw this...


Oh yeah!  I wanted to get new loaf pans so I had my husband use the old ones for this project.  DuH!  I never did replace them so I guess that is on my list of things I need!  Apparently, not only is time slipping away, but my brain is going with it!  *sheesh*

Y'all have a blessed Fall day!

Grace & Peace,
Pam


2 comments:

  1. You and I have been on the same page . . . I rarely burn candles anymore, but the fall weather caused me to purchase a pumpkin pie scented one and I have it burning on the hearth right now :) Then last week when I started cleaning out some of my garden beds I came across 2 large zucchini and went in and baked 5 batches of zucchini bread with walnuts and raisins to put in the freezer. It just goes to show that great minds think alike :)
    Keep Smiling!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny! Well, thanks for sharing my brain...I think! LoL

      Delete