Monday, October 24, 2016

Grandbabies and the lack of Fall...

I promise I haven't been slacking!  We had our grandbabies while my daughter and son-in-love were vacationing in Colorado, last week.  ALL. NINE. DAYS.    I love my grandchildren but let's face it, I am old!  HeHe!  PawPaw and I are draggin' booty, now, to put it nicely!  It's been awhile since I took care of an 8 month old AND a 6 year old!  

So, has anyone seen Fall?  It is apparently lost again!  It has been incredibly warm, lately.  Shoot, I may even have to turn the A/C on again.  There aren't many signs of Fall, outside, either!  I did spot a few, though.


The leaves on the rose bushes are beginning to turn red.


And this is all that's left of the pepper patch.


The bushes in "The Enchanted Forest" (my granddaughter named the circle of trees), are getting their fall berries.


And I have started filling the bird feeders.  All sure signs that Fall will eventually come, but for the most part, we still look like summer around here.


The lilacs seem to be putting on new buds.



And the weeds are still blooming.


Still more green than fall colors.


LuLuBelle says she wishes Fall would hurry up so these nasty flying insects will disappear.  She hates them!


Nemo, however, wants it to stay this way forever but I wish it would get cooler.  The warm days and cool nights are great but I have to ask...


is Fall taking so long!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. It hasn't been much like fall here either. The ground is covered in brown dead leaves and those still on the trees are dull green. I'm beginning to think we aren't going to have pretty fall colors this year. Oh gosh, I don't think I could handle babysitting again. I do often think how much I would love to hold a baby though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This should be our peak time for Fall colors but I don't think it's going to happen at all. We will soon get a killing frost and the leaves will quickly turn brown and fall off the trees. I babysit for them while they work but the baby comes and the baby goes home. I only have both of them on Fridays. It was way more difficult having them both, than I remember from having my nine!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  2. Oh- I hear you about the grandkids. I took care of my dd's 3 (age 6/4/2) for a week and I was dragging by the time it was done. lol They are so much fun but lots of work.

    It is fully fall here now- we had a big blow today so lost a lot of the leaves. The color was late coming and now, I suppose, will be fast to go. I don't ever remember an October when we had any leaves left for Halloween. I thought this might be the year---but apparently not.
    Great pictures, Pam. Hope you have a good week. Get some rest, will ya? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and yes, I do believe I will rest! LoL

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by! We can go from green to snow, at any time in October! One year, we had about a foot of snow on Halloween but the next year, we were dealing with temps in the 90's and a drought! If nothing else, Oklahoma weather is never boring!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete