Sunday, September 18, 2016

Stop Pinning and Just When I Think...


Y'all, I think I have a problem!  I see so many things, on Pinterest, that I either want to make or do, but I never get around to the making and doing part!  UGH!  It is driving me nuts!  I say, every morning, "I am NOT going to turn on that dang computer until I get something done!".  Yeah right!  I get my morning chores done and then sit down for just a minute and before I realize it, I am pinning away!  Do you have this problem?  Did you have this problem?  How in the world do you "Stop Pinning & Start Making"???

On Saturday, my Mister and I, took the granddaughter to the "Black Buggy Day" over in Chouteau.  I always enjoy seeing all the Amish folk in their plain but pretty attire.  If I had my way, women would still dress like that but alas, I do not always get my way!  Ha!  The granddaughter
kept complimenting the ladies on their dresses, especially the ones who wore blue (her fav color) and their "hats".  They were gracious enough to simply tell her thank you even though they are not supposed to try and be "pretty".  Doing so is seen as vanity and pride which is against God.  Try and explain that to a six year old who is used to complimenting women on their clothing, hair, jewelry, etc.  Her mama is a hair stylist, her other grandma owns a boutique with all kinds of beautiful clothes and her great aunt makes jewelry!  I just wasn't even going to try to teach her that the Amish girls aren't like us, in that way.  That is a lesson for another time but she had a blast at the festival and that's what matters at six years old.

Just when I think summer is almost over, we get slammed with more hot weather!  We've been enjoying low 90* days and cooler nights but, the weatherman said, the upcoming week is supposed to be back up into the high 90's with the heat index into the 105* - 110* range!  Perfect!  Not!  I have several things I need to get done outside but I'm sure I will stay inside for the better part of the week.  I'm sure ready to open the windows and doors, again!  I'm not really going to complain, though, because before I know what happened, it will be winter and I will be hauling warm water, out to the animals, two or three times a day!  

Well, I think it is time for me to finish this last set of boot cuffs and then hit the hay!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

5 comments:

  1. Dear Pam ... I just closed my Pinterest Account last week. My time spent on our computer is so very hard to keep under control. I have decided to choose just what is the very most important to me. I try to live a quiet and simple life. I find that with our computer it is very hard to follow that way of life. Without Pinterest that gives me one less place to visit my time away. I will say, I have not even missed it. I am in the process of cleaning out our computer of many of the things that are saved on here because I may want to do something with it somewhere down the road. When it is gone, I don't miss it either. Actually, I have forgotten what many of those things even were.

    Your day with the Amish sounds absolutely perfect to me.

    Also, I thought that I would share that this week in our part of Kansas is 95 degrees and the humidity is very high. We had a few weeks that were very fall like and I loved them. It was nice to be outside tending to little things around our cottage. This week, I think will be an inside kind of week unless it cools off a bit.

    Blessings & Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Teri! I would definitely miss my computer and Pinterest but sometimes I do need to get away from it, from time to time.

      Yes, I am staying close to the A/C, myself!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  2. I need to copy that sign and hang it by the computer . . . maybe I would get more things done that way :) It is so easy to spend too much time dreaming on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed it is! Thanks for stopping by, Connie!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved that festival! I do love the way the women dress and wish too the women still dressed that way. I'm waiting for the weather to cool off too before doing more work outside. Pinterest confuses me, imagine that! :)

    ReplyDelete