Thursday, September 29, 2016

Happy Fall and just a putterin' along...

HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!!!!  


Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in this little cabin?  I tell you, I would never grow tired of exploring those woods or sitting on that porch!  My family would be hard pressed to get me to  ever even go to the grocery store!  Can't you just imagine the smells in the air?  Fallen leaves all around?  Oh, it would be heaven on Earth!

Guess I better stop dreaming and come back to reality!  HeHe!  Our weather has been fantastic this week!  Much cooler temps...so much so that I had to pull out a light jacket for the morning hours.  It won't be long before the leaves start changing and fires will be lit in the fire pit.  Weiner roasts and playing outside after dark!   The granddaughter loves doing that.  We have to wait until it gets cooler or the mosquitoes will carry us off, so this time of year is our favorite.


My "Happy Window" is all dressed up for the season.  I don't decorate like I once did but this window gets gussied up to pretty things up just a bit.  I see my Mister left the mower out and that bird feeder needs some attention.


Just a simple wreath is all this door needs.  I had bid plans to decorate the front porch but so far I haven't done a thing except spruce up the paint on the swing...and finally removed the dead plants.  I'm not sure why those plants died but they sat there forever.  I'm sure passersby thought we had moved or something.  Ha!  


I've been working on a few Christmas gifts for the grands.  This is the beginning of the afghan for my granddaughter.  I'm not totally sure I like it.  Do you think it needs another color?  Either way, she will love it.

We've been enjoying the granddaughter's soccer games.  Last weekend, we went to her game and I stepped in a grass covered hole - actually it was a grass covered ditch -- and sprained my ankle.  Yep, graceful old me.  I will find the only hole in a 20 acre field...every. dang. time.  Everybody else can walk the same path I do and it will be me that finds that hole - or ditch in this case.  Only me!  


After a few days of babying my ankle, I got out yesterday and picked up sticks for a project that I hope will keep my granddaughter busy, tomorrow.  I didn't know if I was going to find enough because our new puppy, Jasper, loves chewing on sticks and has just about hauled them all off to his secret puppy place.  He's such a funny dog.


He tends to get into trouble a lot.  Especially when he chases my chickens!  That's why he is looking so sad.  He had to sit in "time out" aka "be put on the chain", because he was having a big time chasing the guineas.  He's gotten better but he still has to go to time out a lot!  LoL


Been spending a whole bunch of time with this handsome feller, too!  He is now sitting and crawling.  Doesn't seem as if he should be old enough for that.  He has two teeth and has decided to try standing up.  Slow down, little man!

Well, smells like my baked sweet potato is done.  That's another reason I love fall!  Baked sweet potatoes with lots of butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon!  Yummmmmm!

Grace & Peace,
Pam

8 comments:

  1. Happy fall! Love the puppy, afghan and those cheeks...so cute. Hope your ankle is all better and you don't find any more holes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I hope I don't either but it's almost a given! LoL

      Grace & Peace
      Pam

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a happy post Mrs. G. :0) I just love it all...especially the pictures of your sweet grand baby...about the afghan, well another color here and there maybe? right now it is looking just lovely... blessings to you dear lady :0) mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mari, and many blessings to you, as well!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  3. I do love that little cabin ... such a peaceful setting. We have kept our fall sprucin' up simple this year. Yours looks very nice ... such a pretty window and front door. It looks like you have been tending to many little home keeping chores. I am sure your little one keeps your day bright and cheery. ♥ Happy Fall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Teri, he sure keeps it busy...and I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China! Thanks for stopping by!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I would move into that cabin in the woods TODAY! A place like that was my dream and we had close to that back in the late 80's. Things always change. What a big cute puppy! Back when we had Labs, it didn't take but one scare from Poppy with a rolled up newspaper to teach them the chickens and guineas were not to be chased. Of course, the dogs always listened to him, and paid no attention to my voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Teeny Tiny Cabin looks just as good as this one! I would love to sit on your porch and just look at all of Nature has to offer!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete