Sunday, July 31, 2016

Lookey What I Did Yesterday!

Y'all remember this post , don't you?  The one I wrote, just a couple of weeks ago, about being left behind when my Mister and granddaughter took off on their kayaks?  Well, not anymore!!!  I told y'all I had order my own kayak and I finally had a chance, yesterday, to try it out!


This was the view from my very own Kayak!  I am obsessed now and let me tell you, that is HUGE...HUGE, I tell ya!  See here's the deal.  I don't swim...or not well anyways...so I am afraid of drowning.  I think the worse thing that could happen to a person is death by drowning...well, that and being burned alive...so, I generally stay away from the water.  I will go out on our pontoon but I am always overly cautious and never really let my guard down.  So for me to put that fear aside and buy a kayak and then actually fall in love with it!  I am still freaked out about drowning but having my own kayak allows me to control when, where, and how, I go.  So anyway, this is huge and I am down right proud of myself!  Here are a few more pics from our outing!


Here I come...


And there I go!


My Mister shaking his head at me!


YaY!!!  I did it!  Almost 53 years old and I did something I never thought I would do!  Thank you Connie from Crafty Home Cottage for inspiring me!

Grace & Peace!

11 comments:

  1. good for you! thats awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Let me tell you, I have the same fear of water and would NEVER get up the nerve to try a kayak. You look like you are having fun and enjoying it. Good for you. I miss out on a lot by being such a fraidy cat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too but I have decided that I'm not going anywhere until God wants me to, so I am trying to do things with a different mindset! TRUST GOD in EVERYTHING I do! Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  3. You have no idea how happy this post made me. I am so very proud of you! Now, go have fun and enjoy your summer . . . you made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there...I'm new here, but I do enjoy your postings! I'm pretty envious of your adventuring out onto a kayak, it's something I've wanted to do! Onward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Carol! You should definitely go kayaking! It is a wonderful way to relax and enjoy nature! I hope you will come back to visit my blog. It is always nice to see new faces!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  5. Love your blog. And I love that you were out there having fun. Awesome. Love your critters and sunflowers and little ones. I will be back. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ma'am!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete
  6. Kudos to you.....I didn't start riding horses until I was 60. Luv your blog!

    ReplyDelete