Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Surprise and Funny!

Oh my gosh, it has been miserably hot, the past week and a half!  It was 102* last Friday!  In our part of Oklahoma we go from cold and rainy to hot and dry almost as fast as you can blink!  I do as much, of my outside work, as possible, in the early morning and late afternoon hours!  I don't do hot!


A few weeks ago, I noticed all of these strange plants growing in the baby animal pen.  I had no idea what they were but since we don't have any babies at the moment, I decided to let them grow.  I'm so glad I did because those plants turned out to be sunflowers.  I just love sunflowers and surprise sunflowers are even better! 


From the looks of it, there are going to be lots of sunflowers in this little pen!  Don't you just love how God gives you presents when you least expect them?  I sure do!

I was standing at the sink, looking out the window, when I noticed our little Popcorn running around the pecan tree.  I thought she was chasing a  butterfly or some other flying creature but then I saw one of the squirrels.  


I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture.  It's not the clearest pic but I had to have a pic of these two playing.  They chased each other for quite a while and then the squirrel spotted something else to play with and took off jumping from limb to limb!  It's this kind of thing that makes me glad I live in the country and will keeps me loving these crazy animals!

I hope you are having a blessed week!  God is so good to us!  How can we not have a blessed day or week?

Grace & Peace
Pam

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pam, I enjoyed this post and know exactly how you feel. Since moving to the country two years ago we have been on cloud nine . . . I have to pinch myself every now and again to know that I am not dreaming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lived everywhere but the country is my home! Thanks for visiting, Connie!

      Grace & Peace
      Pam

      Delete