Monday, May 9, 2016

Love the clothesline...but...


Ahhhh...the joys of drying clothes on the clothesline!  In my humble opinion, there isn't a better way to dry the laundry.  It's free, which is always a good thing!  Especially during the summer months when the air conditioner runs non-stop!  Our electric bill is high as it is!  I do everything I can to keep it manageable and line drying really helps!  Not to mention, if I run the dryer and the a/c at the same time, in the heat of summer, the breakers will trip and I spend more time running to and from the breaker box than actually doing laundry!  That's what happens when you live in an old house.  

So anyway, back to the joys of clotheslines!  Hanging the laundry on the line is good exercise!  Lifting, bending, and in my case, stretching to reach the line!  I'm short, people!  The struggle is real!  

Using the clothesline keeps me grounded!  It takes me back to my roots, if only for a short time.  Brings up so many memories!  Mostly good ones but there are a few memories that I am not fond of...like the time a huge snake slithered between my Mama's feet, as she was hanging clothes!  Mama was calm, cool, and collected...

...I freaked out and that is probably the reason why I will kill a snake in a heartbeat!  Don't care who or what he thinks he is...good or bad...gotta die!  A horrible death it is, too!  Snakes under the clothesline is why you will never see the grass very high around it!  Me, let a snake live!!!???


Nope!  Ain't happenin' y'all!  Do you hear me???  AIN'T HAPPENIN'!


(please don't send me hate mail or tell me all the wonderful benefits of snakes because you will never change my mind and I just don't care...really, I don't!)

 Anyhow, the joys of the clothesline are many but I will admit there are a few negatives to using the line to dry our laundry...actually, there is only one negative for me...

BIRD POOP!

8 comments:

  1. i could not agree more about snakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you agree! LoL Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  2. I too had a snake under the clothesline moment many years ago. My personal rule for all snakes is "if it doesn't rattle, it's a cobra" and they are dealt with accordingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm going to use that rule next time I have someone tell me how good some snakes are! Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace!

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading your post and fully agree with both the snake killing and the using a clothes line. We live in an old house too and I know what you are talking about with the breaker box. Old houses have their own personalities, LOL. Ours was built in 1905. I'm delighted to have found your blog and have just become your newest follower :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you stopped by, Connie! Our house was built in 1902 and yes, the old thing has a personality of her own!

      Come back real soon!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  4. I don't know how I found you, Mrs.G, but I am glad I did! lol I am your newest follower and will put you on my sidebar so I don't miss a post! Hope you have a wonderful day. I have sheets on the line today so this post made me smile. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! I am always excited to have a new friend stop by!

      Grace & Peace,
      Pam

      Delete