Saturday, April 2, 2016

Let's see if I can catch up...

Gosh, March was a busy month for me!  My granddaughter and I made the trip to Texas for my family reunion.  It was so good to see my family!  We went to the old home place, while we were down that way.

The only thing left on the place is the old concrete porch that my Daddy put there.  It's so strange to see my granddaughter and great niece, sitting on the same porch we played on at their ages!

The old wash shed is still standing!  That thing is at least 60 years old.  When I was younger it held a lot of Granny's stuff that wouldn't fit in her small house.  I remember there was a treadle Singer sewing machine and an old Victrola. 

Granny loved flowers and especially Azalea bushes.  These are the only ones left.  If I had a shovel while we were there, I would have dug them up and brought them home with me...or at least tried!  I'm sure those bushes have long roots by now!





Let's see...after we got back from Texas, we got placement of two foster children and they have kept me hopping!  Not only with them but I am also babysitting my sweet little seven week old grandson, everyday too!  Busy, busy!

I was going to make this a long post but I am tired and really need to get some sleep!  Having children in the house doesn't allow for sleeping in...this old Granny is tired!!!

Grace & Peace

3 comments:

  1. Well I have missed you. Glad you are back. I dearly love to visit old home places. My Mother's old home place is still standing, barely, but the home my Dad grew up in is completely gone and there is a shopping center there. How sad. Babysitting is very tiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, my friend! I've missed you too!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  2. It's always good to go home ♡ Blessings to you hun

    ReplyDelete