Saturday, February 20, 2016

Beautiful, tragedy, and it just never ends...

Oh my goodness, where does the time go?  I can't believe my grandson is a week and two days old!  Why, he will be starting school before I know it!  I think I said the same thing when my granddaughter was a week old and just look!  She is almost six years old!  Good gravy!

So...we have had a rather strange winter.  A few cold days...a couple of really cold days...and now sunshine and temps in the 80's and it is the middle of February!  Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I kind of feel cheated out of bean, chili, and soup weather!  I haven't made the first pot of chili and it doesn't look like I will!  With this nice weather, in Oklahoma, we also get high winds...which lead to some not so nice things!

I looked out the kitchen window on Thursday morning and immediately thought, "That can't be good".  The 50 mph winds picked up the granddaughter's trampoline and put it in the stand of trees, right behind the goat pen.  I managed to get it out of the trees and laid on the ground.

Nope...not good at all!  My Mister managed to get it straightened so she can still use it but the safety net is history.  I imagine we will be buying a whole new trampoline because the net and poles cost almost as much as the entire setup!

With the beautiful weather, high winds, and dormant vegetation, come wildfires...

See that hill?  Now see that black smoke???  That is only a couple of miles from our house and has been burning for three days, so far.  The day it started, there were wildfires all around us.  Fortunately, the wind was blowing the smoke away from us but I still didn't dare go outside!  I would have ended up with  my allergies going crazy and then turning into a sinus infection!  

There have been some beautiful sightings as well.  I snapped this sun dog, last evening!  There were actually two but you can barely see the second one.  It is in between the street light and stop light.  Very pretty and almost eerie but also very special to see one!

This evening, shortly before dark, my Mister and I decided to go fishing for a little while.  See the fishing pole?  That is mine.  It is very pink and even has pink fishing line!  HeHeHe...I might be just a wee bit of a girly girl...BUT NOT TOO MUCH!

Such a gorgeous sunset!  I like to believe God makes those just for me!

 On the other side of the dock, the moon was rising.  It too must have been a gift for the Lord!  He loves me!


Oh!  Just wanted to let y'all know...

The "big fat eat-in kitchen" has been renamed!  It is now known as "the never-ending, pain-in-the-neck, remodel"!  It just never ends!!!

Grace & Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Well Pam, If it ain't one thing, it's another, as mama used to say. Our weather has been the same. Saturday was wonderful. Today is chilly with rain on the way...maybe two inches. Wednesday, severe storms are predicted. I did enjoy your post. The sun dogs are so pretty. I like your pink fishing rod...and also the new name for your kitchen. Are you telling me that I should leave well enough alone in my brown kitchen? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Leave it alone! LoL
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete