Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year and Let the Work Begin!



Happy New Year, my sweet friends!  Thank you for visiting, my blog, this past year!  I have enjoyed meeting new friends and celebrating the ones who have been with me for the long haul!  I pray God's grace and mercy for each one of you!

So, do you remember when I posted about my Big, Fat, Ugly, Eat-in Kitchen?  We are finally starting to do something about that.  I won't be able to gain any more room for my ginormous farm table, my Mister and I built, but I am going to try and make it feel a bit larger.

We are starting by working on the floor.  I decided to paint it rather than go back with more stain and polyurethane.  I am sick, sick, sick, of all that brown!  



We did these floors when we first bought, this old house, nine years ago.  They held up pretty well but you can see they were really showing the every day wear.  I was afraid they would really be damaged, beyond repair, by all the winter and spring weather we are having and will surely have during the rainy season.  I am taking a bold leap and painting them this color...


You really can't get a good idea of the color with this picture but I found one online that shows it pretty good.


Granted this is on a wall but I like the way it shows the contrast with the white and red accents.  Once the floor is done and the weather breaks we are going to tackle those ugly brown cabinets.  They will eventually be white.  The walls will also be painted white.  I like the idea of clean and simple.  I also like the idea of being able to use any color for accent pieces without having them get lost in all the brown!  I think my first accent color will be either aqua or yellow.  I've never been able to use those colors in any kitchen I've had so that will be a welcome change.  Later - probably during the summer months -  I will use bright colors like orange or red.  It is going to be so much fun!  I can't wait!

So, that is how we are starting 2016!  What is your plans for the new year?

Grace & Peace.

1 comment:

  1. That Bible verse is one of my favorites! I sure understand your being sick of BROWN. Me too! Some days I stand and try to imagine how white cabinets would look in this wall to wall brown house. I love the color you've picked out. It looks so pretty with the red. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete