Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Tying up loose Christmas ends and approved, but...

Well, I can't decide if I am finished with my Christmas shopping or if I need to get more.  My inner minimalist says I am done but my Granny side says otherwise!  I think I will give Papaw money and let him finish shopping for the granddaughter.  The big kids(adult children) are easy because we all decided to purchase one gift each, costing no more than $5, and playing a game or something.  Christmas should be about celebrating Jesus and gifts more for the children, than adults.  Besides, money is always so tight for my kids.  Us too, for that matter.  Anyhoooo...

I have made several things, for the grand daughter, already and have plans to make a few more.  Just today, I finished her quilt.  I am quite proud of it.


It is a very simple pattern but I really like it and I know she will, too.  I decided to do a little bird and dragonfly quilting motif in each of the small squares.  


Of course, as is my belief, every handmade item needs a label telling who made the item, when it was made, and for whom it was made.


I also managed to get a wreath made for both the front and back doors this week.


This is the one for the front door.  It is probably 32" across.  Hey, I wanted it to be seen from the road!  HeHe!  I don't know why I didn't take a pic of the backdoor wreath but it is much smaller version of this one.

So, we were finally approved, as a foster home, this afternoon and within an hour we had a call about our first placements.  The children were 1 and 2 years old.  I had to decline because I didn't want to be overwhelmed with two babies this soon.  Not to mention, my new grandbaby will be born within a couple of months, so that would be three babies to care for, ALONE, during the day because I will babysit the grandson when he is born!  That kind of freaked me out! It wouldn't have be so bad if there were a couple of years between them but man, three babies???!!!  I feel horrible about it but I know my limitations so Papaw and I felt it was best.  

Well, that is all I have!

Grace & Peace

2 comments:

  1. That little quilt is just perfect. Nothing like handmade gifts.

    I think you made the right choice regarding the placement. Three babies, even two babies, is just too many to care for alone. I will pray they find the perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is beautiful!

    Three babies would be way to much! Don't be hard on yourself. You're wonderful to be doing any of it in the first place and the right age children will come along soon.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete