Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Cookies and Frustration...

Today, I have managed, somehow, to get four different kinds of cookies made.  I have been trying some new recipes and so far, I have only found one that I like.  My Mister, on the other hand, loves them all.  


I really don't know what I expected because anything with sugar in it, tastes horrible to me, these days.  Not to mention, the sick feeling that comes over me when I eat it.  Such is life after weight loss surgery!  That's ok, though, I didn't need all that bad stuff anyways!


These Red Velvet Candy Cane Kiss cookies were my favorite but only a quarter of one was more than enough for me!  Delicious though!

So, last week we got our first placement.  She was supposed to be long term with possible adoption.  Yesterday, I was told that bio mom requested "A" be moved to a foster family she knows.  Of course, as  is the screwed up way of DHS, they listen to the bio mom even though she will have her parental rights terminated at the end of January.  My question is how come a woman who has continuously put her children in danger, and who will have her rights ended, still has the power to completely uproot a child who has made huge strides in the week she has been with us!!!???  This is the reason we took so long to become foster parents.  We don't want children continually subjected to crap like that.  We were adamant about not having a revolving door foster home.  We want to make a difference not be a stopping point for a few days.  Anyhow, "A" will be removed from our home the Monday after Christmas.  I did manage to get them to leave her with us so that she can experience at least one normal holiday!

So, anyways, back to those cookies...I have two more yummy recipes to make tomorrow.  These are tried and true, though!  These are the traditional cookies I've made for as long as I can remember and Christmas without them would never fly...especially with my very pregnant daughter!  

Merry Christmas and may God bless you richly, in the coming days!

Grace & Peace.

2 comments:

  1. What a good heart you have. Your cookies are so pretty and look delicious! I can't seem to get in the mood to bake anything! I have not made the first cookie! Merry Christmas to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a very caring person. And I too wonder about the input bio parents always seem to have even though the children have been removed from their home for various reasons. Good luck with the cookie baking and Merry Christmas.
    Dorothy M.

    ReplyDelete