Thursday, November 19, 2015

Gratitude Month -- Day 18

Day 18

Today, I am thankful for my Daddy.


Daddy was a Big, Big, man and he had an even bigger heart.  It was him who taught me compassion.

He was a hard working man.  He taught me excellent work ethics.  Always give 150%!

Daddy was a great provider.  He taught me to not be selfish(sometimes I fail miserably)!

Daddy always thanked Jesus!  That taught me gratitude.



He loved to laugh!  Daddy taught me to have a sense of humor.

Family always came first with him...and so it goes with me.  

Daddy was wise!  I am still working on this  ;-)

He loved to cook.  I got that from him!

My Daddy was a good man.  Stubborn as a mule!  I'm pretty sure that's where I got mine from.  

He was a hard man.  When he said something, he meant it.  I do too!

I thank God for giving my Daddy to me and I thank Him, now, for loving and teaching me through this Big, Big, Man!

Have you thanked God for your Daddy, lately?  Do it now...for one day...you will wake up and he will be gone.

Grace & Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, I am catching up with posts 16, 17, and 18. What handsome boys you have! I love that they wear cowboy hats! Your four grandchildren are beautiful! I love the posts about your Mom and Dad. That old picture of you and your dad is really special. I miss my parents too and sure wish tell them how much I really did love and appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think they are pretty handsome, too. All my boys wear cowboy hats, boots, and Wrangler jeans. True Texans! That is the only picture I have of me and my Daddy. I would come undone if I lost it! It is horrible to lose anyone but losing parents makes one feel so alone...or it does me.

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a heartwarming posting. Your daddy reminds me of my daddy in so many ways. Hugs ♥ Teri

    P.S. Your reply to Henny Penny was sweet. My hubby wears cowboy hats, cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans as well. Even though we are not from Texas, but we have a lot of cowboy hats, cowboy boots and Wrangler jeans in Kansas. We do go to a cowboy church so see a lot of cowboys, young and old. Just sharin' a thought.

    ReplyDelete