Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Gratitude Month -- Day 17

Day 17

Today, I am thankful for my Mama.


She taught me so much!  

She taught by example.  From her, I learned to be the wife, mother, and grandmother, I am today.

She taught me to skills such as sewing and crochet.  Long ago, at her feet, I learned how to keep my family clothed and warm.

She taught me to plan and cook meals.  While hanging on the edge of the cook stove, I leaned to feed my family, on very little money.  I learned how to stretch, a half pound of ground beef, to feed an army.

She taught me how to love the unloveable.

She taught me to be strong.  Watching her put up with stuff nobody should ever have to deal with, I learned to stand up for myself.

She taught me to laugh.

She taught me to stay upbeat and positive...all the way to the end.

She taught me to love Jesus.

She taught me about Hope, Peace, and Love... a whole lotta LOVE.

There is so much, about my Mama, I am grateful for but the thing I am most grateful for is she gave me life.

Oh how I miss my Mama but how excited I am to know I will see her again!

Have you thought about all the lessons you learned from your Mama?  Thank God for her!

Grace & Peace,


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is precious. It inspired me in so many ways. My momma has been gone for many years and I miss her so. You have helped me to be still and just think about her and my daddy who also has been gone a long time. I am so thankful for my momma and my daddy. Warmest Blessings Teri

    ReplyDelete