Wednesday, September 9, 2015

What will you do for Jesus?


Friends, could we put aside our differences, for just a moment?  Lets forget about what we think is right or wrong, for a short time.  Lets think about something a bit deeper than same sex marriage and whether or not Kim Davis was doing her job. 

Why don't we think about the Jesus factor, for just a minute.  

I've been thinking about this for a little while now and I felt I needed to examine myself and my beliefs.  I am a Christian saved by grace.  I am certain that I am on my way to Heaven.  I also know that I fail God every single day.  As I've watched the story of the Kentucky Clerk standing up for her beliefs I started thinking...What would I do for Jesus?  

I think most mothers would lay down their lives for their children.  I know for a fact, if I could save one of my children or grand children, by giving up my own life, I would do so.  Without a doubt.  I wouldn't have to think about it.  I would just say, "Take me instead".  

I love my husband more than my own life.  I would step in front of him and take the proverbial bullet, to save him.  Again, I wouldn't bat an eye... so...


Would I do the same for Jesus?

Would I willingly give up my freedom for Him?

Would I die for Him?  

I would like to think I would, but in reality, do we ever really know until we are put in a situation like that?  The Bible tells us that if we deny Jesus here on earth, so will He deny us to the Father.  Do I really want Jesus to go to God and say, "Well, Dad, she didn't stand up for me, down there, so...".  I do not want to have to give an account for that.  I don't ever, on earth or on judgement day, want to hear someone say that I didn't stand up for Jesus!  

So...as I watch the news and read the articles, I will continue to examine myself, and continue to study the Word, so that if ever the situation arises, I can truly say, without a doubt, I would stand up, or give my life, for Jesus, like Kim Davis has.  

What would you do for Jesus, my friends? 

2 comments:

  1. My teacher in Bible School many years ago now, said that if we were asked to deny Christ, that we would be given the grace to not deny Him. Since we are saved by faith we belong to Him, and He says He will not lose one of us.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its refreshing to read this today, I clicked here from another blog and was surprised to read about Jesus. I love the Lord with all my heart, it makes me happy to see others do too. :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete