Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Zoo day...

My grand daughter will be going into kindergarten, this year, which is all day, around here.  she is only out for one more week and I am going to miss having her around everyday.  I've been babysitting her since she was born and we have a special bond.  She is excited about going to kindergarten because, "I'm five now, Granny!", which is a huge deal for a grown up five year old!  I am not so excited!  How am I going to spend my days?  I guess this will be a part of "finding my stride".  

Since she only has a week before school starts, Papaw and I decided to take her to the zoo, this past Sunday.  I never get to go because of my back but since I got my scooter, I have been looking forward to going with those two!  I love the zoo (I worked at a small exotic animal zoo, back in my 30's)!  Here are a few pics I snapped.  They are having a wonderful dinosaur display, this summer, called "Zoorassic Park".  








Don't know why the billy goat was licking the pole...










8 comments:

  1. Hard to believe she is 5 and going off to school....our babies grow up to fast. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jana, I don't know where all the years have gone. We've watched each others children grow up and now we are watching those kid's children grow up! Just not possible!

      Thanks for stopping by! Hugs back to you!

      Delete
  2. That looks like so much fun, Pam! I haven't been to a zoo in years and there really isn't one close to me. I miss it.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rue, you should definitely go to the zoo the next time you are in a place that has one! I love looking at all the animals and realizing what an awesome God we have! Thanks for stopping by, dear one!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  3. Your grand daughter is so adorable. I know you are going to miss her when she starts school. Those are great pics from the zoo, too. I really love the Zoorassic park display.

    Have a wonderful weekend... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, thanks for visiting again! The Zoorassic display is pretty cool. The dinosaurs are animated and have audio, as well. There were a couple that would blow water at those passing by! It was awesome. Yes, I am going to miss my little shadow, when school starts. I am already feeling a bit lonely and depressed and school hasn't even begun! UGH!

      Grace & Peace

      Delete
  4. Looks like it was a fun day for the three of you........blessings my friend and thank you ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a fun day for the three of you........blessings my friend and thank you ♡

    ReplyDelete