Sunday, August 9, 2015

Too Hot!

It has been super hot this weekend.  I haven't done much because the heat just doesn't agree with me.  I did manage to walk around, the place, as the sun was going down and of course my camera was at hand.  Since I have nothing to chat about, I thought I would share the pics I took.


The hummingbirds and bees love the begonias.  Everytime I look out the window, I see them all around.

Miss Betty Jean always wants to check out the camera

This is a male kitty that lives in the field next to ours.  He is wild as a March hare but somehow I  managed to sneak up on him as he was taking a nap on the bench at the outdoor fireplace.  CLICK!!! went the camera and he jumped up and ran straight for the field!  I wonder if he is the one who has been getting my chickens lately!  I lost another one on Friday.  She was my best hen, too!


The prairie grass is tall and beautiful...ready to be cut for hay.

I found this sweet little hummingbird nest in our "fishing worm" tree(catawba).  I normally don't find the nests but I have several little birds flying around!  This was a special treat for me.

We have an abundance of cicadas in Oklahoma.  Everywhere you look, there is a shell hanging.  My grand daughter freaks out everytime she sees one!

The Flowering Crabapple tree has tons of tiny fruit on it.  The birds love them!

Beautiful Crepe Myrtle bush. It is the only thing blooming right now.

My beautiful tea roses are winding down.  I will be taking a few cuttings from this bush come September.

The Queen Anne rose blooms are beautiful even after they have started to die

Looks like our three pecan trees are producing lots of nuts!  I used to pick them up, by the buckets,  and make my Mister shell them, but now I only pick enough for a couple of pies and sweet breads.  The rest I leave for the squirrels and birds to eat over the winter months.


3 comments:

  1. The pictures are lovely.You know, I've never seen a hummingbird's nest and we have lots of them around. That would be so neat. I had forgotten about your posting here now. I'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen one either until I found this one. It was a blessing to see such a tiny little home in such a big tree! I think of it as my tiny little house on this great big planet! Thanks for stopping by and yes, please do come back!

    Grace & Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some really nice photos...thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete