Thursday, July 16, 2015

Times of Change -- the beginning.






I turned 50 years old in 2013.  Since then, I have noticed many changes.  Yes, of course, there are physical changes.  That is a given, when a lady matures, but I have noticed other changes, as well.  All of my life, I have wanted, and have had, a country home with a little bit of land.  A few chickens, a small garden, and a clothesline.  As the years and months have passed, I find myself a bit discontent with all of that.  Our old house needs a lot of work...and I mean a lot!  I have lost interest in trying to do everything that needs to be done.  I simply don't care.  I no longer want to tend to our few farm animals...I am constantly hauling cold water during summer months and hot water in the winter, so they are staying well hydrated.  My body rebels with every bucketful!  It is a lot of work and I'm tired of working!  I want to enjoy and have fun!  I would still love to have a tiny little garden but since I can no longer physically take care of one... not to mention all the flippin' bugs around here eating everything in their path... the fun and benefits have gone out of gardening!  

A few years ago, I completely lost interest in crafting and haven't ever really gotten back into it.  I still crochet and sew a little but it is mostly on a "need to" basis.  I don't really enjoy it, however, I will do a little, here and there, so I can eventually teach my grand daughter. 

I think, after 52 years, I am in a "Time of Change".  I want to "start over", in a way.  I have gathered most everything that I own and will be having a yard sale.  I think my Mister is on the same thought pattern, so I hope he is "gathering", as well!  I want to have less stuff!  I've started feeling that it is weighing me down.  I need to rid myself and my home of all the clutter!  

Of course, there are things that will never change and I'm ok with those things, but I have a plan!  I want to move to a new home!  I want to go places without having to worry about things back at home!  I want to enjoy my Mister and my grands!  I don't want to be burdened by things I can't change!  

So...with that being said...I've started this new blog to share the changes, both those happening in my mind, body and soul, as well as the every day changes, I hope to make in the years to come!


6 comments:

  1. The struggle is real--I feel it myself! Maybe it has something to do with our age (I'm 48) or the world around us, but I have spent the summer working toward a different life. I completely cleared out my closet to where I have three dresses, four pairs of pants, and seven tops, and I am loving it! I have pretty much decluttered my entire home (I'm working on the garage now), and I feel like a new woman!

    Best wishes on your new journey!

    Hugs,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a lady with a mission! It will be interesting to see what you get up to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tootled over here from Henny Penny blog... I turned 50 this last January... I think turning 50 must do something to us LOL.. I certainly understand the declutter, get rid of. scale back. Am there myself. e have started our go through get rid of, working toward our downsizing and moving...Wanting life to be simpler and to just plain old have some fun! I am so looking forward to the change we have decided on as well! Simpler, smaller, less stuff but more quality of life. Some fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also am visiting from Henny Penny's blog. I plan on coming by regularly to visit and see how your new ;life works out. This will no doubt be an interesting chapter in your life. I'm turning 70 this year so I'm trying to find my way in a completely new decade. Good luck to us both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful to me my friend ;) Bless you and the changes that are to come. I've for the past six years have been learning to accept and grow through some changes that have came my way. Some wanted and some so unexpected. I do know God does all things well and in the end, we'll be exactly where we are supposed to be ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful to me my friend ;) Bless you and the changes that are to come. I've for the past six years have been learning to accept and grow through some changes that have came my way. Some wanted and some so unexpected. I do know God does all things well and in the end, we'll be exactly where we are supposed to be ♡

    ReplyDelete