Saturday, July 25, 2015

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about paring down and finding my stride.  I am still trying to find my stride, as I suspect I will be doing for the rest of my life, but I have begun the paring down.. with great enthusiasm, I might add!  I think I remember telling you we were going to have a yard sale to get rid of most of the "stuff".  We had to postpone it,  for about a week, because of the flooding rains just two days before we had planned to hold the sale!  It was crazy, all the rain we received in a matter of two hours!  


The rain filled the ditches and ponds to overflowing!  That ditch is in front of our place and it is a good three feet deep!  As you can see, the water was running over the sides and into the road on this side!  On the other side of the road, there is a creek and a pond both of which were out of the banks!  Fortunately, the flooding was gone as quickly as it came but the yard was standing in water, so no yard sale that weekend!

Ever wonder what ten years of your life looks like?  Have a yard sale and you will find out!  We had stuff everywhere!

  
 This is only one area!  The whole front yard was covered with everything from craft supplies to farm equipment!  It was a huge sale and we did exceptionally well in making some money!  I'm glad we made quite a bit but I am even more happy all that stuff is gone!  Good riddance!  Loved it at one time but it was weighing me down!

All the rain, we have received since April, has really made things grow!  It has gotten out of hand and I suspect my Mister will spend lots of time trying to get a handle on it.  I love it because it makes for good pictures but I know it has to go or we will be over run with snakes and mice.  I took a walk around the place and took advantage of the overgrown field and fence rows.










I don't know how I feel about finding leaves already turning colors!  
 

This is a Sumac bush and it is usually how I tell Fall is near.  I can't imagine why, in the heat of July, this thing is already showing the signs but if it means the weather is going to cool down and we're in for a good long autumn, then I'm all for red leaves!






Of course, I always have an animal or two, to photograph.  The barn cats, Fiona and Melvin, tend to like lounging on my Mister's 1964 project truck...or my little red car...but mostly the truck.  Betty Jean, my sweet little goat girl, is always ready to pose for me.  She needs a playmate.  I've been thinking about finding a good home, with lots of other goat girls, for her, but I just haven't gotten to that place just yet.  I love my animals but they do require a lot of work so I am slowly weaning myself away.  We only have Nemo(only one wing) and Pepper left from our flock of 20-something laying hens.  We've sold all the rest.  We only need about a half dozen eggs per week since it is just the two of us and neither of us can eat all the baked goods anymore.  



As I rounded the corner of the house, my Hummingbird friends were enjoying their evening meal so I quietly snapped this picture of one of them.  I love birdwatching and keep these feeders filled for the little guys.



I am not a native Oklahoman and it has taken me awhile to call it home.  There are many things I don't like about living here but I have to admit we have some of the most beautiful clouds and sunsets!  I've lived all over and this place is the best!

Grace & Peace.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're happy pairing down. It was hard for me when I did it when I moved into a smaller house, but I felt so much lighter when it was over.

    The animals are so cute!

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am finding it to be a bit harder than I thought it would be but I feel it is necessary. I had tons of stuff that I got when my parents passed away and other things when a few dear friends died. It was time to let it go and move forward. Of course, some things I will never get rid of but most will be passed on to others. Thanks for stopping by, Rue!

      Delete
  2. Hi there, Pam! What a pretty name you have. Hee-hee. Thanks so much for reading and enjoying and letting me know so by commenting. Your comment was so sweet. I'll be back to enjoy your blog also. I need to poke around a bit and read some more! ♥

    ReplyDelete