Sunday, June 7, 2015

Man, it's been hot in this neck of the woods!  We went straight into summer, after all that rain stopped!  We've spent a lot of time taking the grand daughter to the splash park and eating snow cones.  

I went out to sit in the porch swing earlier and our big boy, Roy, came up and looked to be saying, "I'm old, fat, and HOT!  High time we went into the house, don't ya think?".  I couldn't have agreed more so we went to that magical land of air conditioning and drank a lot of water...then Roy needed to go back out!  Poor old boy.

I spend a lot of time coloring, these days.  Yes,  said coloring.  Just like we did as kids.  I'm all burned out on crafting, sewing, and even reading.  Somebody mentioned they were really getting into the new coloring pages you can find now, so I thought I would give it a try.  I've always loved to color and since I must keep my hands busy, I dug out my colored pencils, markers, and the grand daughter's crayons, and started coloring.  That was a month ago, or so, and I bet I have colored 500 pages in that time.  I think it relieves stress, gets my mind off of food(for some reason I am hungry all the time) and pain, AND I get to share my colors with the most beautiful little girl in the world.  Some days we just sit and color...all day.

So, how long has it been since you colored?

Grace & Peace.

1 comment:

  1. I too like to color,and yes its a huge stress reliever and great therapy. I have those days too,when I'm hungry, ugh. Blessings

    ReplyDelete