Tuesday, January 6, 2015

So here it is, nearly two weeks since Christmas, and I'm just getting around to posting pictures.  The problem is simple.  I am always busy preparing the meal and don't have time to take all the pictures myself, so I have at least four cameras sitting around and everyone takes pictures.  Therefore, with that many people snapping photos, it takes me forever to sort through and get them ready for posting or printing.  Anyway, here are just a few.  
First, I will show the decorating around the house.  I don't do much decorating these days, just enough.  Seems like such a waste to drag everything out and decorate only to have it all come down in just a few weeks but here are a few things.
I love our 7ft pencil tree!  We have a small home and this tree doesn't take up lots of room.  A Gnome couple keeps watch over my china hutch and the quilt rack becomes a Christmas card display.

A few bottle brush trees on a charger plate with tiny ornaments around it.  Some bowl fillers I stitched.  Gingerbread House our Grand daughter, my Mister, and I decorated.  Two small Christmas gnomes I made last year can barely be seen but I love them and that rustic primitive star.

My collection of tree topper Santas and a special little porcelain Christmas tree music box sits on the mantle.  Simple little country snowman watches for the hallway and our grand daughter's nutcracker collection.  That is a tradition for her and I.  We go shopping, every Christmas, for a new nutcracker.  When she is an adult with her own place, I will give the collection to her.  I am also collecting the annual Hallmark photo frame ornaments for her.  A photo of her is in each frame and she will also get those when she is an adult.  Just a little something special from Granny!
I made this wreath for the front door.  I think it's pretty but it really didn't go with our house so next year I will go back to the traditional colors, when I make the wreath.  I am leaving it up until Spring-- or until I get the Valentine's wreath made, whichever comes first.
The Advent calendar is a favorite of our grand daughter.  She loves finding little treasures and candies behind each little door and then on Christmas morning, when she opens the last door, Baby Jesus lies waiting to be added...
...this sweet little Nativity.  I always tell the Christmas story from the Bible and my grand daughter gently places the baby in the manger.  Such a nice reminder of why we celebrate Christmas, for the whole family.
That's pretty much all the decorating I do.  Like I said, it's just enough.  So now we will move on to Christmas Eve and Day.  Our grand daughter is five and loves Barbie's so being the precious grandma that I am, I bought a dollhouse for all her Barbie's and other fashion dolls.  My Mister, of course, is in charge of putting things together for me. 

 I creeped down the hallway to see how he was doing with the dollhouse and this is what I found.  I'm still not sure what he was doing but when he realized I was watching he... 

...did this.  Silly Papaw!
Christmas day our children and the grand daughter came over.  Of course the reindeer antlers and red noses had to be worn.  Can you tell she was excited about that?  Yeah, me neither.  LoL

Lots of presents for a special little girl.  There is nothing better than watching a child open gifts!  We spoil her, I'm not going to lie!

She got the beat!!!  Unfortunately, I insist the drums stay out in the shop.  I'm pretty sure something terribly tragic would happen if they were in the house.  Granny likes peace & quiet!  LoL
My daughter, son-in-love and of course the apple of our eye!  Such a beautiful little family.

My #3 son and his fiance.  I am so thankful for her.  She helped me get all the food cooked and set up, not to mention she makes a killer coconut cream pie!  We ♥ her!

To bring the day to an end, our self-taught-guitar-playing, son-in-love blessed us with Christmas music.

Christmas 2014 has come and gone but the memories will be with us forever!

Grace & Peace to you and yours.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you spoiled her, but that's a good thing. Looks like a fun Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your special Christmas touches. Your granddaughter is such a cutie pie! And Papaw just cracked me up! Wonderful memories--thanks for sharing them. :-)

    ReplyDelete