Monday, August 18, 2014

Boy, did my family, and church family, get me!  Last weekend, I turned 51 years old, and as usual, it was just another day.  That does not bother me, at all.  I rather like it, to be honest.  I'm not one to need or want attention, and generally, would rather all the attention be saved for my family.  Never was I expecting a SURPRISE party!  The following weekend!  I've never even had a birthday party, never mind a surprise party, but my Mister thought it was time, apparently.  He put the idea into my daughter's mind and she handled it from there.  She contacted my church family and they all got it done.  It was a complete surprise and I was shocked that they all kept it so incredibly secret...that never happens...not that none of them can keep a secret, but because I have an UN-natural ability to see right through people.  LoL  Anyhow, I was very surprised, very grateful, and can I just say - the biggest surprise, to me, was that my Mister and daughter did it!  LoL... especially my Mister!  He is as low-keyed as I am!  I guess he still has a few tricks left up his sleeve!  

My beautiful birthday cake.  Notice the candles are a "4" and a "1"!  I love that my daughter still considers me that young...actually I think she probably couldn't find a "5", so she thought she'd get herself some bonus points with "41"!

Love the turquoise and red decorations.  Two of my favorite colors!  These folks are some of my church family.  Love them all!

My Birthday flowers!  Very pretty!  Very simple!  Just the way I like it!

My sweet family and the reason I live!  Yes, I am sticking my tongue out at my daughter!  We simply can't do a "normal" picture!  LoL  Very glad my son-in-law was in attendance.


The only thing that could have possibly made my party an even bigger surprise, would have been to have my other children and grand-blessings, there. 

Grace & Peace.
Remember, Granny loves you!

 

1 comment:

  1. How fun, I'm so happy for you. I know you so deserved that party. I have a feeling you are the type that is always doing for others, so it was a glorious pay back time I'm sure. Looks like it was fun for everyone. Blessings friend and a belated happy birthday

    ReplyDelete