Wednesday, July 30, 2014

(All Posters)


Sometimes I wonder what impression I am making on my children and grand-children.  Do they see me practicing what I preach?  I am not perfect and that leaves me praying that I have done my best.  God blessed me, today, through a conversation with my son.

Several of my friends, and family, have lost loved ones this week.  I was talking to my oldest son about those who have gone home, these past few days.  He is actually my step-son from a previous marriage.  He is 36 years old and his dad and I have been divorced for 23...24 years.  I bring this up because it is important in regards to what I have to say, otherwise I consider him my own.  Anyhow, he brought up how we don't really ever think about certain people until they pass and then all the memories come flooding back.  All the good times we have spent with them.   I agreed and stated that we should remember those we love before they go on. He whole-heartedly agreed but commented on how hard it is to get past the hurt and old grudges, sometimes.  How hard it is to let go of some things...

My answer was this. 

"I know but we have to get past them.  I've been hurt over and over again, but I know God expects me to forgive, so I do.  What begins as hate and anger usually turns into pity for the person who has hurt me, once I forgive them.  To go through life, hurting and dragging people through the muck, must be a horrible, miserable, existence.  I suppose I have been successful forgiving those who have hurt me because I can't think of one person, I hate... not one."

Here is why it is important for you to know he is my step-son...

He said,  "That's why I love you and why I call you Momma."

I answered, with tears in my eyes and a frog in my throat, "And I love being your Momma.".

I guess I am setting a pretty good example for my children and grand-children.  I want my legacy to be that I obeyed God,  loved my family more than my own breath, and never let hurt or anger dictate my life.

How about you?  What kind of impression are you making?

5 comments:

  1. You are a great and loving example of what God wants ... love, and more love. mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Love you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know you, ( meaning we haven't met in person), but I know you........your spirit. When we have the right spirit, it won't allow us to hate, not even if we want too, and I have, wanted too! I do know you enough through this blog, through your words, to know that yes, you are a wonderful example for your loved ones and others. I pray I too may do my best to influence others to know Christ, our true and living example of what it means to be Christian, even he showed what its like to be anger and frustrated when entering the temple and finding it being defiled, yet he did so without sinning. Though we are human, we are spirit too, if his Spirit abides within, his light will shine through all our humanness and will reflect Christ to those around us. I'm glad I know you my friend...........blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to stop back by and say thank you for the sweet doll house things. I love them so much. It was a joy getting something so fun through the mail, the old fashion way. Bless you my friend and sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Shelley! You have inspired me to look for my own dollhouse to decorate! I am, also, thinking about buying a dollhouse kit for my husband, and grand daughter, for Christmas. What a special gift it will be. I love gifts that make memories!

      Grace & Peace.

      Delete