Sunday, May 4, 2014


I don't know how it is that I am always so busy and yet never have anything to post about!  The past two weeks have been spent entertaining the Princess and putting in a new rose garden.  That one little garden, with only three rose bushes and a lilac bush, took me forever, because of my limited mobility, but it is done and I can't wait for God to bless me with many blooms.  The other side of the porch is next but I have to wait for my aches and pains to subside so I can do it all over again.  I will post pictures when I remember to take some.

Fiona and Samantha, both, had their babies.  They both had four each.  Fiona's are solid black with a little white spot on their chest, while Samantha's are all solid black, with the exception of one.  That little sweetie is solid white with gray ears and feet.  Don't have a clue how that happened!  The only cats around here are black as pitch.  Looks to me like somebody with out and about one night.   We love our barn cats and always look forward to Spring when babies are born.

I've had to put the cone of shame on LuLuBelle.  She has horrible skin allergies and she chews until she bleeds.  Poor baby!  Now her tail is raw.  I made up some  homemade antiseptic spray and am doing everything I can to keep her from chewing on it.  Benedryl doesn't seem to help.  I'm probably going to have to take her to the vet, again, and that is expensive, but she's my buddy and I'll do what I have to.

I haven't been doing anything crafty, lately.  I guess I am saving that for later in the season, when it gets too hot outside.  I am trying to gather supplies so I can catch up on several years worth of scrapbooking.  I have tons of pics that need to be edited and printed before I can do that, though.  I have had this on my "To Do" list for a long time and I am going to actually make myself do it.  I used to love scrapping but it just isn't that much fun when you do it alone.  I love to sit, and visit, over a glass of sweet tea, while working on scrapbooks.  Nobody does that anymore, I guess.  

We are getting ready to pull out the stinky carpet in the living room.  I hate carpet.  Especially when there are inside animals and children.  Oh!  Wait!  I didn't mean we have inside children and outside children!  Just children in general!  So, we are going to pull out the carpet and go back with the laminate flooring.  I will probably have to hire someone to come mop the floors for me but that is better than that old stinky carpet.  I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. But doesn't everyone have outside children? I mean, that's where some of them kind of belong, don't they? Remember when we were young and someone would say: Were you raised in a barn? I love that you take such wonderful care of your critters. When I saw the jeans in your banner, I remember you telling me about washing jeans by hand.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are right about that! My boys were prime examples of outside children! LoL That's where they stayed most of the time, anyhow. Not much on being cooped up inside. Oh yes, indeed, I have washed jeans by hand. Towels and sheets, as well. We do what we have to do to survive, is what my Great-Grandmother always said. Thanks for stopping by, Brenda.

      Grace & Peace,

      Delete
  2. I love your long chatty post ....I know what you mean about having to stop and start because of health issues. I sit and dream of all that I used to accomplish,but I am still very grateful for what I can still do. Taking the carpet out is one thing I would love to do here and getting laminate flooring myself....the kind that looks like the old hardwood floors. I would love it...maybe one day :) I like your new header picture, the picture of your sweet granddaughter laughing is adorable. Have a sweet Mother's day friend.....blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelley. I love that picture of my granddaughter. She is so funny and full of life! May God bless you richly, this Mother's Day.

      Grace & Peace,

      Delete
  3. Hi, we took out the white carpet in our living and dining rooms about 2 years ago and it was a great decision. We still have in the bedrooms but I hope to change that in the future too.

    ReplyDelete