Sunday, January 5, 2014


We love beans!  Pinto beans, red beans, butter beans, baked beans... if it is a bean, we love it.  Well...not those awful green lima beans but most every other bean.  One of my favorite recipes, for beans, is so stinking simple that I am ashamed to post the recipe but I said I would so here is my recipe for Ridiculously Simple Tex-Mex Chili Beans.

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 big ole handful of fresh garlic, chopped (use as much as you like.  We like a lot!)
1 can Rotel
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans water 
2 packets Williams Tex-Mex Seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
4 cans of  your favorite beans  (yes, I use canned beans occasionally.)

Brown the ground beef and onion, drain and add the garlic.  Cook for a couple of minutes then add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, Rotel, and water.  Add in the Tex-Mex seasoning, salt and pepper.  Let simmer for ten minutes.  Add the beans and simmer for another ten minutes.  DONE!  Serve with a big iron skillet full of cornbread, maybe a dab of sour cream, and definitely a little cheese.  Yum!

You can use practically any kind of beans.  My favorite is black beans and pintos but in the picture I used black beans and Canellini beans.  I've used navy beans and kidney beans but really I use whatever is in the pantry.

There you have it.  A big hearty meal in less than 30 minutes.



2 comments:

  1. Yummy! We love beans and corn bread too, I will be trying your quick recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there were days when if it had not been for the bean, my family would have gone hungry for weeks Tis true :) We love them too....blessings

      Delete