Thursday, December 12, 2013


It seems time slips away so quickly.  I can't keep up!  We just put up our Christmas tree last weekend!  It is usually put up on Thanksgiving night but there just didn't seem a time to do it.  The grand daughter spent last Saturday night with us so I made it a point to put it up then.  She loves decorating!  We decided it would be rather simply decorated with handmade ornament I have been playing with, inspired by the Scandinavian theme.  I guess I decided on this because this year I had my DNA tested and it came back as 56% Scandinavian.  I also happen to like simple things and the color red!  There are felt hearts and stars, 3D paper geometric shapes, 3D stars, paper spheres, pine cones, red and white gingham ribbon and candy canes.  Very few lights and a paper star on top.  Very simple and inexpensive!  It's so pretty, too.  I don't know why I am infatuated with the picture of the bottom of the tree (at the top), but I think it is beautiful.

I finally got around to taking the Christmas pics of the Grand daughter.  I do this every year.  It's kind of a tradition by now.  I am putting them in a scrapbook for her to look back on, when she is older.  I hope she treasure that scrapbook as much as I treasure taking the pictures.  It makes my heart very happy to be able to do it.

Lordy, mercy, we had some winter weather last week and it is just now getting back to normal.  It snowed about four inches here at our place.  Some areas got more, some less.  The temps stay below freezing the entire week, so the snow stuck around too.  I'm ok with that as long as it is killing some bugs.  Especially mosquitoes.  I could have done without hauling buckets of hot water out to the animals, three times a day, though.  Seemed as if I would get the water thawed out so they could drink and by the time I got back in the house, it had frozen again.  Trying to use the water hose was didn't work, so the old bucket was it!  I actually didn't mind it too awfully much but oh goodness, did my Mister complain about it!  I guess he better get used to it because next Friday, we are slated to get the same weather as before!  All I can say is, better the cold of winter than the scorching heat of summer!


1 comment:

  1. Right now, it is snowing and cold. But just perfect for December :D) m.b.

    ReplyDelete