Monday, December 30, 2013


Christmas has come and gone here in the Heartland.  All the decorations are packed and safely stored until next year.  Now we spend our days waiting until Spring.  This is the time of year that tends to last forever.  Short days, long nights.  A cold that seems to rip right through to the bone.  This is the time I begin to get that strong desire to dig in the dirt...although, I am no longer able to have a large garden, the smell of freshly turned earth, still makes me happy.  I will spend the next few weeks looking through seed catalogs, dreaming of past gardens and flower beds.  I do think I will have a small container garden so I will plan how much, the right location, and then begin collecting rocks and such, for a Fairy Garden, where the herbs will grow.  Now is the time when I try to stay focused on the many projects I need to finish.  I find myself working on them for just a bit and then something else will demand my attention, and the project will be placed into the basket, until I can get back to it.  I have plenty of time.  That's what I tell myself and before I know it time has run out and I still have a basket full.  And so it goes...


1 comment:

  1. And so it goes...so true! Stay focused and do what you can...the rest will be waiting on you. Would love to hear more about the Fairy Garden...sounds wonderful! Sounds like a great project to do with my grandkids. I hope you and your family have a truly wonderful New Year

    ReplyDelete