Sunday, November 24, 2013


A dear lady and friend, has issued a challenge for our church.  She bought, everyone, simple little bracelets and asked that we use them to remind us not to complain for 30 days.  Boy did this hit home.  I don't like to complain, however, with all the pain I am in on a daily basis and our immediate and extended families constantly bickering and making foolish choices, it is very difficult not to complain.  I took the bracelet and the challenge.  I will wear it all the time, every where I go.

As I was thinking about this challenge, I came to the conclusion that there are lots of areas where I need work.  I need to remember what I was taught about speaking ill of someone.  "If you can't say something good, don't say anything at all".  I heard that all of my childhood.  Somehow it is very easy to forget that.  I will need a bracelet for that.

Then I thought about all the negative, that goes through my mind, every day.  I need to replace the negative with positive thoughts and always look for the good in every situation, and then thank God for it...  Yes, I will need a bracelet for that, as well.

Oh and as I sit here writing this post, I thought about the many times I have intended to pray for someone, or tell someone about Jesus, and forgot to do it.   There should be nothing more important than sharing the Gospel with a person who doesn't know him or lifting a friend or family member up in prayer, when they are sick, hurting, struggling, or simply having a bad day.  Don't we expect others to pray for us when we are dealing with these things?   I will definitely need a bracelet for this.

By this time, I realize I will have an arm full of bracelets...maybe both arms.  There are many areas, in my life, that I need to work on, other than the ones I wrote about...  A lot!  I am taking this bracelet challenge very seriously.  I want to win!


1 comment:

  1. I like it! I also will have both arms filled with bracelet's, and necklaces!!! Love your blogs! amy

    ReplyDelete