Monday, August 5, 2013



I can't believe it has been almost a month since I posted anything, here.  Well, that's how it is around here.  Time gets away from us and before we know it a full month has passed.  I now believe what my elders said about time flying when you get older.  It most definitely does.

It's been about normal around here.  Nothing really going on other than keeping the grandblessing and watching her blossom into a beautiful little girl.  She is no longer a baby.  Three years old seems so young but with her, she seems so mature.  Maybe it is just me but I don't like it.  I want to cuddle that sweet little pink baby girl for the rest of my life.  That's a very unfair trick.  Just when you think you have reached the ultimate experience with babies, they grow up.  She is so smart though.  I am excited to see what she accomplishes this year.

Oh yeah.  We have a coyote that has taken a liking to chicken.  We've lost four in the past two weeks.  I've seen him but I'm usually outside without my gun and by the time I get in the house to get it, the evil thing has run off.  He just lays out in the field, under a shade tree.  He isn't scared of the noises around here.  He just lays there...waiting.  I have started to walk towards him, hollering, and he finally gets up and saunters off, only to circle around in the treeline to wait.  We've had to start keeping the ladies in the barnyard until we can either shoot or trap that darn coyote.  He's beginning to anger me.

OH!  Did I mention I bought a VW Bus, a few weeks back?  No???  Well, I did!  It needs work, of course, but I hope my Mister has it up and running before spring.  I am going to use it to go around to some of the Farmer's Markets in the area, and sell fresh breads, pies, homemade craft items, and plants.  Now that is my dream.  We will see if it actually pans out.

We have decided to save towards purchasing an older, vintage Winnebago.  We want to go to different places in the US but it is expensive with need of hotels and meals. Also, with our bad backs, we can never find a place that has the kind of mattress we need and we would just like to have our own stuff in our own RV.  We are excited about this because our grandblessing will start school in a couple of years and we want to be able to take her on "field trips" to places she will study about.  I didn't get to do that with my children and I regret it, but I can afford it now so I want to give the grand every opportunity to take adventures.

So, I guess that is it.  I have got to try and get something posted a bit sooner that a month between posts. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs G! It is a pleasure to meet you and I thank you for stopping by my blog today and for your sweet comment. Congratulations on your new VW bus! How exciting, what a fun idea to travel around to the various farmer's markets and sell your pies and wares. I live in a very small town here in Georgia with one street light. :) If you blink, you have passed through it. We recently had our first farmer's market open up and it is beginning to grow as word gets around. I am originally from Los Angeles Calif. and living in the country was quite an adjustment, but I love it so much. Our house is on five acres and we are surrounded by a beautiful 100 acre woodland of pine trees and oaks. We have always wanted to have chickens, I love your little red barn. Are you from Oklahoma? I thought maybe so when I saw your side bar of Okie neighbors. :) My mother was born in Oklahoma on a Cherokee Indian reservation and my husband was born near Tulsa. Thanks again for stopping by and I look forward to reading more of your beautiful blog. Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you were able to purchase a VW bus! It is going to be a good idea to go the farmer's market and sell your wares. I know it is doable...just work towards it and pray that this is what Our Lord wants for you. Sorry about the coyote, we have bears here that enjoy eating our bird seeds :0(

    Have a blessed night! m.

    ReplyDelete