Saturday, June 22, 2013





We had Princess Sparkles, for just a little while, today.  She has either a cold or her allergies are acting up so no swimming today.  Instead we took her someplace she absolutely loves.  Bass Pro Shop!  That's my girl!  As usual, I sat and waited for them to "explore", because I simply can't keep up.  I am a people watcher.  Most of the time I simply watch and then quickly forget about what I observed.  Today, however, I couldn't get it out of my mind how parents and most grandparents, for the most part, totally ignored their children's cry for attention.  Many children were so excited to see the enormous fish tank and would squeal with delight and call to their mama or daddy, "Mama!  Look!",  "Daddy!  Come see!"...  over and over again.  I looked at the parents and they were usually on their phones, texting or online.  "Mama!  See that big fish???!!!".  Mom would answer, "yeah, I saw", never looking up from the phone.  Dads acted like they didn't want to be there and looked pissed off when their little boys, shouted with so much excitement over the stuffed bear.  This went on the entire time we were there.  

The longer I sat and observed, the sadder I became.  I wanted so much to go to the children and talk to them, show them that they were important.  Unfortunately, in this day and time...and in this place... I dare not do that.  So, I sat and I watched...  As I did so, I realized just how blessed Princess Sparkles is to have grandparents who love her, share her excitement, and who give her undivided attention.  My Mister is an awesome grandpa and I thank God for that...  Life completely revolves around the Princess...for both of us.

1 comment:

  1. How true this is Pam and so sad! Our kids and grands are such a blessing, and it only takes a split second to miss a priceless moment.
    Hugs
    Jana

    ReplyDelete