Sunday, May 19, 2013



With storms supposed to be rolling in sometime today, I decided to just stay home from church.  I sure don't like getting caught in one of our Oklahoma storms, away from our place.  Too likely that a tornado will pop up at any given moment.  Anyhow, since I stayed home, I decided to take advantage of the sun and wind, by hanging my new white sheets on the line to dry.  I love crisp, white sheets, that snap when you shake them out.  I am constantly on a mission to find the kind of sheets my Granny used on all her beds.  When I go to bed at night I want to feel like I have traveled back to her house.  Nice breeze, coming through the windows, on a warm summer night.  Taking a nice cool bath and them slipping between those wonderful, crisp, cool, sheets, was close to heaven, for me.  Wonderful, innocent times... I miss it so I try to recreate some of that feeling, in my own home.  It doesn't come close but the airy, light, sheets, do help a bit.  So I decided to hand them on the line to dry.  It was a workout, to get those sheets on the line because the wind was blowing so hard, but I did finally manage.  I figured they wouldn't stay there long so I hung out under the shade tree, until they were dry, which took all of 15 minutes!  So now I have a basket full of nice, crisp, white sheets, that will be ironed, folded just so, and put in the linen closet until it is time to change the sheets again.  So happy, I will be, to take a nice cool bath and slip between those beautiful sheets....and dream of my Granny and yesteryear.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Maria. The ironing of the sheets comes from being OCD because I really don't remember my Granny ironing hers. I just hate wrinkles on my bed. I may have the "Princess and the Pea" syndrome!

    ReplyDelete